Um, hello?

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by i/0, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i/0

i/0 Member

Not really sure what I'm supposed to do here...
    I've been struggling with suicidal urges for over twenty years, since I was a child, first attempt at age eleven, been hospitalized four times. I've tried therapy, medication, support lines, etc. but the feelings are always there. I feel like I'm reaching a breaking point, it's getting harder and harder to drag myself through life, day after day, and I'm just too tired to handle it anymore. It's not just pain or loneliness (as strong as they are), but also just a sense of being lost, of not belonging, like I was never meant to live. I just don't have a place in the world, no joy, no love, nothing to look forward to. Even if I work to make my life "better", nothing feels worth the effort, and I just end up falling apart anyway. There's pretty much nothing keeping me alive except fear of another failed attempt. So I don't know if this will make any difference, but here I am. Hi.

2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Hi i/0, welcome to SF. It's hard to navigate the site at first, and it takes some getting used to. But it will get easier with time. I'm sorry to hear you've dealt with so much, but I hope that posting here will help. You will find great support here, because people are friendly and helpful.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You have a place here now hun You are not alone ok we understand those feeling Hope in talking about them in connecting with others here you will start to not feel so loss

4. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi. Well, you will not be alone here. your story is similar to many other stories here. I am sorry to say that. .Because I would wish this pain on no one. and I am sorry you have been living with it.

As far as I am concerned you have come to the right place. You do not have to be completely alone with the feelings as long as you are here. I do hope you will keep coming here. Its a good community. Very caring. So, welcome !

5. guage

guage Well-Known Member

Hello, I as a new member would like to welcome you , and what I have found is that this site is full of support and all sorts of people that are willing to give help, comfort, listening ear. I haven't experienced any kind of judgment at all no matter what I have posted. Check out the different forums, it took me a while to do that, but it's pretty kool. I'm sure you will be able to find one that you could post how your feeling, just to have someone hear your difficulties, and respond with some kindness, if not some insight that maybe you have not seen. Best of luck, you can hit me me up also if you would like, and I can try and help as much as I can , thanks and Welcome.

6. i/0

i/0 Member

Well, thanks for saying hi. I'm not sure how much I'll be here, but at least it's something to do...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.