Um, hi? I'm new :")

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not very good at communicating with people online, but I somehow ended up finding this forum and I suppose I do need someone to talk to. I guess all of us here know how difficult it is to open up to people you know and care for irl. I have people who rely on me and I need to come across as a strong, calm and collected person for them, so obviously I can't go around telling people what a mess I really am and how difficult it's become to just open my eyes and get up from bed each day. So I've come to bother you lovely people with my problems instead, haha.
Jokes aside, I'm realizing I'm having a bit of trouble actually writing out all the stuff that's bothering me, now that I'm here, so perhaps I'll delay that a bit and take my time getting to know the community here first. :")

And well, I just want to remind you all (and myself, since i need the push right now) that all the struggles you're going through make you a stronger person, and all our flaws and imperfections are what make each and every one of us beautiful and unique, we're all only human, and we all have our own demons we fight with, we all get sad and hurt and scared and there's nothing wrong with admitting that, and reaching out to others for support, people can be cruel, but I hope I've come to the right place in search of those who will try to understand, and help each other through it.

Sunspots

To Wish Impossible Things
Admin
SF Supporter
Hi @Aeon

Welcome to the forum, you've found a good spot here.

There's no rush to share what's brought you here. When you're ready you'll find that this is a safe place, nobody will judge and you'll receive loads of support.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Karmitkurmit

King of the Hedge
SF Supporter
Hello Aeon, and welcome to the SF family.

I too was nervous about chatting to people online at first, and I still haven't told my story, but it didn't take long to settle in and become a part of this community. It is the most incredible collection of people I have ever had the fortune to meet. I've used several forums in the past for different reasons, normally technical stuff, but this place is something quite different. Take a look around and introduce yourself to a few people and you'll soon be believing you've known this lot your entire life; it is truly magical, and I don't say that lightly. The admin and staff are so helpful and polite, and the members are a mix of people from all over the world and all warps of life.

It can indeed be difficult to open up to people in our personal lives, although it is important in the long run, but this place is a great start to getting things off your chest. By doing so, I've started to weed out the important bits from the ones I was probably overthinking and spending way too much energy on, and the important ones I can now take into my personal life without overwhelming my family and friends. No one should have to deal with depression and ill feelings alone, and you certainly don't have to here. When you're comfortable, feel free to share what's going on for you and why you've found yourself here.

And well, I just want to remind you all (and myself, since i need the push right now) that all the struggles you're going through make you a stronger person, and all our flaws and imperfections are what make each and every one of us beautiful and unique, we're all only human, and we all have our own demons we fight with, we all get sad and hurt and scared and there's nothing wrong with admitting that, and reaching out to others for support, people can be cruel, but I hope I've come to the right place in search of those who will try to understand, and help each other through it.
Judging by this, you're going to fit in well here and most likely help quite a few people yourself! I think we could all do with reminding of these sentiments more often; well said.

Lotus

Pariah...
SF Supporter
Hello Aeon

Welcome to our little community, and thank you for your kind message. It's difficult showing strength when we feel like our world is crumbling around us, so well done for giving something back to us despite your short time here!

You've found a warm, caring community which I hope will help ease your burden. We're here to listen, laugh with you, cry with you and generally try to help in whatever small way we can. So once again, welcome!

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hiya, welcome to SF. Hope SF helps you as much as it has been able to help me. I wish you the best and keep opening up Your communication is perfect.

Would you consider getting professional help? There is no shame in admitting you need a bit of help. I hope things improve and if not we are all here for you to help you through this difficult time.

Best wishes!

Thank you so much everyone. I'm still pretty nervous, joining a new community of people, and I tend to keep my mouth shout, even when I've something to say, both online and irl, for the fear of saying something wrong or at the wrong time, or seeming like I'm weak or complaining, so trying to voice my thoughts is all still pretty new to me.
But you all seem like wonderful people, and I hope I'll be able to finally feel comfortable, admitting to myself, and others, that I'm not as strong as I wish to be, and that I can't bear everything alone.

These are all such wonderful words of welcome, I'm afraid anything I say in reply will just fall short, I hope you all know what an amazing thing you're doing here, and what beautiful people you all are, as sad as it is, kindness and understanding towards others is a rare thing to find in the world today, so to find it in yourselves to care for others amidst your own suffering shows truly magnificent character. I hope you're all proud of yourselves, and each other, I don't even know you and I'm proud of you, haha :")

Oh and, @Petal - I'm considering getting professional help at this point, I suppose, but I've had an awful experience with a psychologist in high school which made my predicament at the time so much worse than it already was so I'm very unsure of this idea. Moreso since my mother has had a bad experience seeking professional help, as well, so it seems to me I'm better off dealing with things myself than trying to talk to someone who won't really care about my problems and simply view me as this damaged thing to pity and prescribe medication to. I know it can't hurt too much to try though, so I will further consider the idea.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
I hope you all know what an amazing thing you're doing here, and what beautiful people you all are, as sad as it is, kindness and understanding towards others is a rare thing to find in the world today, so to find it in yourselves to care for others amidst your own suffering shows truly magnificent character.
I think you’ll fit in just fine <3

JacsMom

Staff Alumni
Hi there Aeon: I'm glad you found us, this place literally saved my life when I first did. Whenever you're ready to talk we'll be here to listen. There are some pretty amazing people here and I've made some great friendships. You seem like a very warm, caring person to me, and you even gave yourself a pep talk in your first note here. That tells me that you not only want to stick around, you're part way there already to believing you should. You also still have a sense of humour and I'm firmly convinced that anyone who can still joke around when times are tough will make it through the other side to happiness. A warm welcome to SF.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
Hi. Another boring ol' welcome to the forum ;) Stick around, we're all here for you. Keep posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00