Um... Hi

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Drifting, Dec 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drifting

Drifting New Member

I had to read some of what others had posted to see what to put down.. so I'm going to try my best.

I'm a university student, 22yo. Funny enough, I'm a Psych student. I have a loving family, Boyfriend and a dog that I love to pieces.

My job is hell, but it pays so it works. Money is tight sometimes, but it's because I go to school and work at the same time.

I like to read, draw, view art, and write.

I had always thought that I would be assisting with a site like this, trying to help others. Instead I come looking for help. I don't think it's as bad for me as it is for some of the others here.

I've been feeling... desolate, I guess, for the better part of 11 years. It's never constant, but probably a time or two a month, where I wish to the divinity I was anywhere but here. When it strikes, I feel useless and burdensome, that I'm irratating to the people around me and causing nothing but friction and tension, and angry negative feelings (which I firmly believe are unhealthy). Sometimes I break down and cry for reasons I can't even think of, and it's always when no one else is home. When I was a teen, I used to spend long nights wondering what it would be like to go to sleep and simply never wake up. Sometimes I would cry myself to sleep. That rarely happens now, but the thought of jumping off a boat, or simply staying out till it's too cold to move in the winter still flits through my mind. There have only been two very scary times, once after a large argument with my father, I felt like I had no right to be, and today, I had a minor arguement with my mother, and had dangerous considerations on the drive home.

It was this most recent occurance today that drove me to look for a site like this. Part of me sits back and analyses this, rationalizes that there is no reason for me to feel this way. My family is like any other, we have our tiffs. My boyfriend loves me, and I have close friends. I have interests that I enjoy so much, I reach a type of nirvana where I entirely lose myself. Sometimes I consider looking for professional help, then under cut the idea. Part of me feels silly for even posting here, that I should be helping others, cause that's what I wanted to do with my degree. Even now I feel like deleting this whole thing and closing the laptop, after all, I don't get this feeling all the time. Just every now and again, most of the time, I'm pretty ok. But I know that every now and again, I need somewhere to go, and the journal just isn't doing it anymore.

Anyway, I wish I had been more... cheerful, I hate starting off on a bad foot.

But in either case, Hello to all, and that;s the reason I'm here in a nutshell. Figured I get it all in one shot. All the not so grim stuff can always be asked about. :)

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:welcome:

3. Abacus21

Abacus21 Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF :)

Glad you're with us :)

Take care, hope to see you around

Joe

4. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF

Hope to see you around

Take care

Vikki x

<3

5. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome. We are all friendly and supportive. feel free to pm me whenever.

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF. Thank you for sharing your information with us. I am sure you will be able to find all kinds of support here. We are a caring group of people here. :hug:

7. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

hello and welcome,i´m sure you´ll find support here, because we all try to help each other. if you ever nee to talk, just pm me i´m here.

8. Jenny

Jenny Staff Alumni

Hiya and :welcome: to SF :)

I'm glad that you found this forum and really hope that it helps you through the bad (and good) times.. sounds like you've got a lot on, what with studies and work.. but i'm glad that you have a partner and a lil dog that you love to pieces.. i'm like that with my :cat: :D

How are the studies in Psychology going? I'm just about to start a diploma course in Psychology, and am looking forward to it

Look forward to seeing you around.. and hope your Christmas is a good one
    :arms:
    Jenny x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.