Um...Hi.

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Charlie Mine, Dec 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlie Mine

Charlie Mine Member

Charlie Mine here....Sad to say I'm one of the antiquities. Sigh. ;) At times I didn't think I'd be able to hold out to see 38, but here I am. A friend suggested I post here, more to help other people than get help myself, but it does tend to work both ways IMO.

I was diagnosed with depression when I was 11. My most recent diagnosis (a year ago) was: "Thymic depression with bouts of major depression and suicidal ideation along with an unspecified anxiety disorder." Whew! That's enough to make anyone proud, eh?

So anyways....been in counselling on and off for most of my life; history of child abuse (being abused, not doing the abusing!)....So far I have consistently refused meds because I'm a paranoid freak when it comes to that stuff-don't even like to take aspirin, and I was even leery of vitamins for a while. I use exercise, diet, sleep, writing, and my shrink to manage my symptoms. I gotta say exercise has been a life saver for me, literally. If I don't get at least 30 mins of cardio a day, it shows. And I'm not talkin' about my waistline, either!

I'm a good listener, but I worry about doing more harm than good, so I may not talk much. We'll see....

Oh, and I've written some stuff that was therapeutic for me, but might be triggering....You can search the Hub Pages for CharlieMine if you want to read any of it.

Um...thanks? Yeah. Thanks. ;)

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello Charlie

welcome to sf :)

I'm glad you found us and I hope we can provide you with the help and support you need :hug:

3. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

welcome to the forum Charlie

hope you find the support you need

4. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

Hi Charlie, Welcome to SF, hope you make new friends and do speak :smile: Always willing for a chat :hug:

5. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Charlie :)

6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Charliemine. You will find lots of support here and I am sure you will be of support to others as well. :hug:

7. mourningseraph

mourningseraph Well-Known Member

Hi Charlie. Welcome! :smile:

8. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

9. shazzer

shazzer Well-Known Member

Hi Charlie Welcome to sf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.