Um...i think im getting addicted to alchohol...

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Shock, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Shock

Shock Well-Known Member

yeah, I posted a thread before about this but laughing it off but i think its gettin to a point now where maybe i should be concerned ive been drinking a lot this month....over the last week ive gotten drunk like 5 of the 7 days....and i really like it. i think because it gives me a break from the depression. thing is i dont get too drunk and dont get a hangover so its like as far as i can see just fun. whadda you guys think?

2. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

I think you only need to worry when you start craving alcohol, especially in the morning.
    i drink very heavily, normally every night, save sundays, and i feel safe, untouchable, and often 'happier' when drunk, .. i say 'happier' in such a way as I dont feel happy, just less depressed, and less suicidal.

3. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

I drink sometimes but not everyday. Most of the time I stick to wine because beer always makes my vomit horribly. There are many reasons why people drink alcohol. Depression is the leading cause to alcoholism, and the way I see it killing my liver will eventually just kill me. It's a win win.

4. Danny Crooks

Danny Crooks Well-Known Member

See I usually stick to vodka, rum & cider. Beer bloats me so badly, and wine really makes my ulcers burn, but I have found spirits are good at the job they are intended for.

5. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

Alcoholism is rampant in my family- both my parents, my one sibling, all my Aunts and both of my Grandfathers. That said, lately I've been playing with fire by easing my depression with a little wine.