Um.. yeah.. hey.. I am new here...

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by somebodypleasehelpme, Mar 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well hey guys, I am Amanda and I am 15. I just joined up here cause well, I googled suicide forums and this was the first one that came up. Thought it sounded good.

Well a bit about myself....

I have been depressed for over 3 years. Its a long story so I will just give the short version. I had a best friend for 10 years. Since we were both 2. I was totally in love with her. Although I didnt really realise it till it was too late. She started ignoring me one day and to this day I still have no idea what happened. I cant even speak her name. So then I moved to my dads when it was time to go to high school, I couldnt bare to be at the same school as her. I hated it at my dads though so after ayear I moved back but stayed at the other high school.

I started cutting in 2007 but then stopped after about a month. Then I started again at the start of 2008 and didnt stop for about 7 months. I was cutting basically every single day. I have been to a stupid school social worker, a doctor that didnt even do anything, a counsellor that was totally lame, a psychologist, a psychiatrist but the longest time I ever saw someone and kept seeing them was a school counsellor and it was for like 2 months. I am not that good at commiting to things. I am currently not talking to anyone about my problems. I am also currently extremely kinda suicidal and have been for a while. I was last year too. I nearly did try to kill myself once but just had a massive emotional break down instead.

I just want to be like the other kids. So if anyone has any advice or wants to tell me about how stuff works on the forum and their stories then go right ahead..

Thanks for reading anyways,
  2. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

welcome to the forum Amanda

i hope you find the support you require
  3. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Hey Amanda, Australia has a kidshelp line where you can talk, write, or email a professional about the problems you are having.

I know the 'social worker' might sound a bit dorky but they are there to help you.
  4. Hey thanks for the welcomes guys.

And yeah, I knwo all about kidshelpline. I have called them a few times, talked online countless times and even emailed a few times.
  5. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Amanda. Hope you will find the help here you are looking for.
  6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

welcome to the forum amanda :)
  7. GammaRae

GammaRae Active Member

Hi, I'm new too. I'm nineteen so probably somewhat close to your age... if you need a friend pm me.. I have aim too. It's always good to talk to someone I'm told..:wink:
  8. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

welcome to the forum!
    i hope you find lots of support...:hug:
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

:welcome: to SF Amanda. I am glad you found us. :shake:
  10. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Hey welcome, hope you find what you are searching for :hug: need any help, PM me :tongue:
  11. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Welcome to the forum Amanda..You will find that there are people as young as thirteen here, I know a couple who are close to your age. So you have a wide variety of friends here to help support you..Please keep posting and you will find people will gravitate towards you..
  12. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Welcome to SF Amanda.

:hug: Claire xx
  13. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Welcome to SF
  14. crookxshanks

crookxshanks Well-Known Member

welcome x
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.