Umm confused.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by lolinterwebs, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lolinterwebs

lolinterwebs Member

Sorry I couldn't think of a better title than the one I chose, I'm not even sure I'm in the right forum but I'll post anyway and if it isn't it can be moved etc.

Anyways I am looking for a bit of help/advice. I was diagnosed with Depression about 7 months ago and I have been given several types of medication that is supposed to help but so far nothing has worked. The reason I went to seek help in the first place was because of another medical condition which has stopped me from working and is still as bad as ever despite several tests, hospital visits etc. My main problem is that I seem to be suffering from bouts of intense rage and when I say intense I mean majorly bad! This is so out of character for me but the Docter I am seeing says that this is normal in depressed people, Has anyone else experienced this? It is getting so bad sometimes that I can't stand being around the people I love. For example my girlfriend was staying with me the other night and she herself is depressed at the minute due to some really terrible things that happened to her when she was little but she goes a certain way when something is bugging her and getting her down so I asked her what it was and she did her usual act of denying anything was wrong, Which is fine because that is what she usually does but this time I found myself getting very annoyed/angry at her. I don't know what to do I would never be psyically violent towards anyone but I don't wanna push anyone away because I am acting like a nutter. I am just wondering if its my constant pain and isolation that is causing me to be like this. Any help would be very welcome. :) Also sorry for the long and incoherent post I'm not really in my best writing mood at the moment! :dry:
  2. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, I can't really relate. But may I ask, is there something that triggers the anger in particular?
  3. Tara

Tara Guest

you know what, lately i have been having major mood swings [no its not the girl thing before u ask!]
    I dont know if its to do with depression?

I sometimes think its due to my medication, cause i hardly take it anymore. I dont know if this is what causes the mood swings.
    are you on medication?
  4. johnsmythe

johnsmythe Well-Known Member

I get mood swings similar to that quite often (almost every day it seems). One minute I'll be just generally down and sad then the next I'd be so filled with hate and anger I'd imagine hurting/killing other people (mostly people who have wronged me personally but other times I wish I could do it to people who have wronged others)

I also get annoyed fairly easily (mostly when it comes to people I think are stupid)

i am not on any medication. I only tried medication once and it made things significantly worse so I have been afraid to try again.
  5. Vorath

Vorath Guest

I get preitty severe mood swings most days....over the smallest tings. Admittedly, I have more mental problems than just depression but here's what I've been told......

The brain's like a battery, bad things happen and it gets drained, good things happen and it gets topped up. If you're depressed then it's like your battery is permanently empty. You loose all resistance to dealing with anything bad, even the small stuff.

Seems to me that depression may play at least a part in your mood swings and trying to find things that relax you (maybe get out a bit more too if ya can) might help a bit.

Anyway....that's my thoughts. I have been known too talk rubbish so sorry if I was of no help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.