Umm....with friends like that.....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Azmodius, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azmodius

Azmodius Well-Known Member

Sorry if I went off the rails a little for a few days...bit crummy!
    Went back to Sheffield for a friends birthday, was told by a (now ex) friend that if I were really as depressed as I seemed I should just fucking kill myself, I'm a c**t who just makes trouble and my friends only pretend they like me, when they really can't stand me. Apparently they loved the fact I left, and wished I never would return.
    Suppose she is a bitch, but still, can't shake the feeling I deserve it. I'll oblige her soon enough.:i'm sorry:

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

You don't deserve that. You deserve better friends.

3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

So sorry you had that I remember ringing a friend up once saying I had just taken some tablets, she replied back saying good I hope they fucking work, it is not nice. I just wanted you to know your not alone okay and you did not deserve to hear that, no one does. I am so sorry you had too.

Take care and look after yourself

Rich

4. Azmodius

Cheers both of you, I hear it a little too often. I know, deep down, that they're the weak ones, covering for their own insecurities, it still hurts. It's all the 'he said she said' stuff, after what my ex said to me on our break up I'm becoming more closed off. Not good, also, encouraging someone to kill themselves when our mutual friend actually DID is sick. Kinda lose faith in humanity at these points.
    Now worried she's right also, my 'friends' attitudes with me may be all verisimilitude. :blub:

5. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

sorry I have no idea what that last word meant :Shy: but what was said no actions or words can justify someone saying that to someone, you do not want to be friends fine they could always walk away right? But telling someone that is unforgivable maybe your right they have issues of there own they cannot deal with, so lash out at others to make them feel better. But that is not nice toying with other peoples feelings.

6. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Well now you have permission to flat put not go back there. If someone causes trouble just tell them what this ex-friend told you.

7. UnkelHeit

UnkelHeit Well-Known Member

That is sick. I don't see any excuse for that. I just woke up and I can't have caffeine, drawing a blank here. I'm sorry you had to go through that.

8. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

Hi Simon. I'm sorry to hear that your 'friends' were so inconsiderate and encouraged you to kill yourself. True friends would never do that to someone they care about. It's probably better to have a couple close friends than to have friends who just pretend to be your friend, but don't help you when you really need them. It's also possible that they are not able to cope with a suicidal friend and would rather just avoid you. Not everyone has the mental strength to help someone who is suffering. Please don't give up. :hug:

9. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

You do deserve better friends! She sounds like a very unsupportive person. I wouldn't dream of telling someone to go ahead and do it, especially if someone we knew had done so in the past.

10. Azmodius

Thank you everyone, she won't be seeing any more of me, and I'll avoid her. If my friends are that shallow, then enough.
    On the plus side, a girl I chatted to that night cause she seemed lonely and needed company has invited me to climb with her group of friends, if I go back I can try that, a positive step maybe?
    *cross fingers*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.