Ummm ...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Asylum Project, Nov 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asylum Project

Asylum Project Well-Known Member

I have not told this to my therapist for reasons which would effect my job etc.. I sometimes want to just go up to someone and hit them... Like it's a impulse almost, like I know right and wrong, but I'm scared one day I will act on it.. Like cutting I know it's wrong but I do it, I know hurting or killing someone is wrong but what if I act on it. I sometimes think it's funny when I picture myself hurting someone... Not like a funny thought that gee what a thought why am I thinking that lol, but me like hitting someone with something and me laughing while i'm doing it. Not having any remorse doing it. I don't even care if I get hurt, sometimes when I feel like that I just wish someone would beat me or stab me idk...
    I don't get the thoughts all the time tho, It's like someone else is me no that I'm schizophrenic or anything but for a moment it feels like i'm not me and someone else is in my mind, who does not care about other peoples feelings, where I do. I don't want to hurt anyone and I know it's wrong. But Idk how to go about this... I am depressed sometimes.... idk what to write someone help me see this from your view...
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2008
  2. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

How long have you been having these feelings and thoughts for. I've known people who have had similar feelings and thoughts like yours, with them it passed on gradually. Is there absolutely no way you could speak to your therapist about this.
  3. Hey I sometimes get those thoughts to, if you want help with them to go away even though it will be hard, you should try talk to your therapist. Things always get worse before they get better

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I think you should mention this to your therapist and your shrink. They have meds that control anger. Why else would you want to hit someone unless you are angry at the time. You need help because it is not fair to the person you sucker punch. More than likely you will hit the wrong person and he will kick your ass. You never know by just looking at them. Please seek the help!!~Joseph~
  5. Asylum Project

Like I could talk to her but they might have my on homocide watch or something, even think about taking my job.... Idk... These thoughts just happen randomly for the past year I guess...
  6. Anime-Zodiac

How intense are these thoughts.
  7. Asylum Project

It's like there not my thoughts and someone else is thinking for me, but I can fight it which is why I don't act on them. So I guess the feeling is kind of strong but I can still control it. I forget my other problems when I feel like that, I dont even care if i get hurt when I think like that either. idk it weird.
  8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

It's ok to have these thoughts.
    It's even ok to cut. It's just a way to cope. There are consequences of doing it or not doing it in any situation. But who decides whether the action itself is RIGHT or WRONG. Sounds like you beat yourself up about it. You're never a bad person for your actions. If you find them disturbing you, I'd suggest to seek further help.
    big :hug:s
  9. Anime-Zodiac

It's ok I understand. If you really want to then go see someone professional about this. The main part is that you can resist and fight the thoughts.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.