Unable to log on with iPad device

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Moat, Feb 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I can log on SF using my PC, but when it comes to my iPad, whenever I try and log-in, I always get an error message saying that the feature is unavailable for me to log in and to 'please try again'.

I have ried five (5) times now and keep getting to same message, so I just cam back to my PC to see if I could log-in with my PC (which I apparently can, obviously by this thread)

Is the movie device just not working right now, considering there are still quite a few things left to do on the SF to bring it back up to speed?
    I just never had that problem before when signing in with my ipad.

2. Shadowlands

Shadowlands Official SF Hugger Staff Alumni

Have you tried clearing cookies for SF?

3. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

My ipad works fine so I am not sure what the issue is Moat - sorry.

4. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Yes, I clear history and cookies every day on my iPad and never had this trouble before with Sf.

Here is the error message i receive from my iPad whenever I try and log-in:

"The requested user 'Moat' could not be found.

5. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Really at a loss on this one as I just pulled out ipad and logged in with no problems. Are you typing in the adress or trying to use a bookmrk? Try typing in www.suicideforum.com/community/ as that is a new url and may convince your ipad to stop trying to go to remembered place....

6. Fluffypingu

Fluffypingu Safety and Support Chat Pro SF Supporter

moat has just emailed mesaying he cannont access on pc either now and he don't know why it says the requested vuser moat could not be found

7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

The site now works for me on both iPad and PC - not really sure it stopped working, the error message I got was something akin to like my account having been deleted, then when I checked 5 minutes ago, it suddenly allowed me to log back in as though nothing at all had happened...

I use a boomark, Ben, but from now on, I am just going to type the site url in by hand in the future. Do i have you or Freya or someone from programming to thank for me being able to access again?

8. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I believe the issue was the star in front of your user name Moat - if you logged out it was looking for the star to log back in. I took it off - I think if it is going to cause an issue we will need to find a different identifier for chat pros.

9. NYJmpMaster

Nope , we didn't do anything Moat except look it over and see no issues.... very glad it is resolved though.

10. Moat

Moat Banned Member

It could have just been the star that appeared in the chat next to my name. the trouble did not start until after that appeared then the site started working again once the star was gone... so it looks that while I still have SF Pro under my avatar in the forums, I will be working on the forums for the most part... unless you or Freya want to promote me to full staffy and make me a chat mod lol (j/k)

11. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Glad it's working now!! :)

12. Moat

Moat Banned Member

You and me both!
    I really was starting to think that I had done something to my computer - deleted an essential program or something to block SF from even being loaded! But then I regained my sanity and realised that it could not happen with the iPad at the same time. lol (but you know me and computers!)

Glad to be back, too (and for a long time, I hope) - SF has become kind of my second home.

(I notice you did not say anything about the staffy thing :p You should know when I say J/k is really means tell me! lol Or does it really? J/k lol

13. NYJmpMaster

Need real time as pro before consider for staff. The idea of pros is to reduce need for staff so that fewer people are stuck using the majority of time on background type things and more is able to be spent in direct support and contact if members which is far more valuable overall. While takes a huge amount of time to read large percentage of posts looking for problems it takes very little time to review just questionable posts and having a variety of people across multiple time zones to in concert read all the posts and report just the questionable ones will be far more efficient. More importantly it will allow all spend more time giving or getting support- the real purpose the forum exists for. Same with chat. Having greater coverage in a variety of time zones means more people to help new members feel comfortable and supported while also the lesser function of reporting possible situations so that is not so much time wasted reviewing logs from times no staff are in chat.

14. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I know, do not worry - I tend to have a "different" kind of sense of humour compared to most people, :)

Witty_Sarcasm likes this.
  15. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

That's the best kind of humor ;)

Moat likes this.
  16. Moat

Moat Banned Member

It is a trait you will find in every Aussie lol

17. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

And some Americans too :p

18. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Ah but you come up against an Aussie and you yankees will lose every time!
    We confuse tourists on the street with our slang just because we want a good laugh at their confusion. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.