1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unbearable anxiety

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Slange, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slange

Slange Member

I cannot take this anxiety any longer. I cannot stand it one more minute. To say it's unbearable is an understatement. Yes, I could make appt. with mental health professional. I don't have that long. I need relief now. What can I do? Nothing I am trying is working. There is not a word to describe the anxiety level I have. There just isn't. I wish it were only 'unbearable' as that sounds mild compared to what I'm feeling.

2. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Am so sorry you are feeling this way i understand how hard it is to have anxiety i have it myself , have you tried breathing techniques ?
    like in through your mouth and out through your nose slowly, things that help me is like getting a stress ball and squeezing it when i feel anxious ...or meditating helps some times as well find some meditation music and try and relax a little even if it for a few moments

Do you know what has triggered this ?
    i hope you start to feel better soon

Ella

3. Slange

Slange Member

Thank you Ella, oh how I wish exercises like that would bring me even a bit of relief. It won't. Every fiber of my body is screaming anxiety and all the temporary 'fixes' I have do no good. This includes alcohol and smoking. Great. Not healthy at all, I know. So why do I do that? Because I am in a panic. I wish I were stronger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.