Unbearable pain - female issues

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by TheWr0ngChild, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

One of the biggest reasons I want to die is my period cycle, yeah I know lots of women suffer, it's often joked about and misunderstood, but it is serious, maybe not half as much as cancer or AIDS, but it is a serious issue when the pain and suffering go beyond what is naturualy expected from the female body. I've suffared with horrifc period pain since I started my periods at about age 12-13, pretty much the "avarage age" and there were no other problems, one day when I was about 17 I almost passed out in pain and all the colour drained out of my face etc etc and my mum insisted I see the doctor, who did numerous blood tests etc, only to find me to be in "good health", nothing the matter. I have seen numerous other doctors, who have ether not beleived me or blamed it on me having Asperger Syndrome and a "low pain threshold" lol. I went on the pill for about a year when I was 19, which messed my entire life upside down, I turned into a different person and my periods went out of control, so I stopped it, but the pain, oh my lord the pain, EVERY month no fail as soon as I come on it's guaranteed that I will be unable to walk within 2 hours of starting, and if I try I will feel so dizzy and weak I can't get far, it's like being disabled, I'm lucky if I can sit at the PC for long before I have tears steaming down my face simply from the pain. Having to face this every month no fail plus all the other contents of my fucked up existance is slowly pushing me towards a very lonely end.

I am absolutly terrified of doctors and all their "probes" I really don;t think I could cope with it when I'm like that, and the only way they might beleive me is to see me in that state, so it's a vicious circle of disbeleif, after all they are just humans, who at the end of the day eliminate all "known" reasons behind things like this then I suppose when nothing out of the ordanary is found they close the case, and even if they did they would want to giveme more hormonal crap, I don't see the point in messing up my alreaddy very unstable head all month long for what is a 3 day max problem. I've tried all the pain pills the pharmacy sells, no hope there.
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2008
  2. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

A friend has very painful periods and she was diagnosed with endometriosis. The pain experienced is unbearable she was literally in tears. I think they put her on medication to help reduce the pain but as far as I'm aware - there is no cure. The pain relief medication is quite good though, perhaps you could approach your doctor with this, and maybe do a little research of your own beforehand. Check out this site: Click

I hope it gets sorted out soon. :hug:
  3. TheWr0ngChild

Well I think that is in my family, I don't really know for sure though. I can't get past the Asperger thing, where they pin it all on that.
  4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

To be honest, I don't know much about Aspergers and didn't know it could effect your cycle in this way. I think you should be persistent, though, especially considering you think some relatives have (or have had) endometriosis. If your doctor keeps blaming your Aspergers, perhaps you could see another doctor to get another opinion. :hug:
  5. Gawd - I feel SO bad for you!!! I too, know near nothing about Asperger's. But your doctor is OBVIOUSLY a MAN --- The kind that gives the rest all a bad name (I have one of those too- Grrrr) :mad: It is absolutely INHUMANE to be allowed to suffer like this!!

Switch doctors (if you can) - get a second opinion - NAG the one you have ("perfect health" MY ASS!!!) - and yes, do Net research! My mom had the same thing - and thanks goodness I didnt inherit it (no remedies when she was growing up...).
  6. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

I second the recommendation to see another doctor. A friend was diagnosed with endometriosis, too, and sounds similar to what you are experiencing. She was not diagnosed until her late 30s, before that they put it down to chronic fatigue and stress. She had so much pain, for many years. Keep researching as there are some steps you can take wrt diet and nutrition.

7. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

It does sound very much like endimitriosis...my best friend has struggled with it for years(she's 25 now) and had surgery to remove some of it, and she felt soooo much better.
  8. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

my sister has endromisois, and there is no cure but there are many different meds to help with the pain. Go to a new doctor and tell them of your concerns.
  9. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree with what the iothers have said. Endometriosis can be extremely painful and left untreated is unbearable. Although there is no cure, it can be somewhat managed so the pain is at least tolerable. Don't let the doctors put you off. Suggest they check for this. I wish you luck in getting this issue resolved. :hug:
  10. TheWr0ngChild

I don't think I'm up to a load of invasive tests right now.
  11. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

the original tests will be bloods, an ultrasound and a talk to a gynocologist. To have endro conclusivly diagnosed, an invasive test is needed, but you can begin meds without that.
    If it hurts that much, surely it is so worth it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.