Unblock

Status
Not open for further replies.

JulieDegraw

Hi.

I have accidentally blocked someone. I can't find the unblock option. Can you please guide me ?

Another thing. Can the messenger chat option be looked at ? It requires a constant refreshing when chatting. A lot of messages are not sent or received which results in important messages missed.

Thank you

crumbum

SF Supporter
So if you are on a phone I don't have a clue.. one of the last holdouts on a planet without a smart phone. But if you're on a PC go to the main chat room and click on the 'popout' button which should be on the top right of the screen. Once the window pops out the chat box should look different with users that are online on the left. You'll see a settings button on the top left.. click on that and you should see where it says 'manage block list'. Pretty easy it's just hidden unless you pop out the chat box.

As for fixing the constant missing messages.. yea I second and third and fourth that.. it's moderately bad in open chat but it's really really bad in PM's and if you are in several pm's and trying to help people who are in crisis.. it's really not good to miss whole lines and also to constantly remind them or ask them to refresh so they don't miss yours.

Hope this helps Julie. *hug

JulieDegraw

So if you are on a phone I don't have a clue.. one of the last holdouts on a planet without a smart phone. But if you're on a PC go to the main chat room and click on the 'popout' button which should be on the top right of the screen. Once the window pops out the chat box should look different with users that are online on the left. You'll see a settings button on the top left.. click on that and you should see where it says 'manage block list'. Pretty easy it's just hidden unless you pop out the chat box.

As for fixing the constant missing messages.. yea I second and third and fourth that.. it's moderately bad in open chat but it's really really bad in PM's and if you are in several pm's and trying to help people who are in crisis.. it's really not good to miss whole lines and also to constantly remind them or ask them to refresh so they don't miss yours.

Hope this helps Julie. *hug
Im on phone yes lol. I'll figure something out. Thank you very much for your well guided reply :)

crumbum

SF Supporter
My lips are sealed my Kira.. :) Hey maybe if you ask Ben he'll answer.. he tends to ignore me.. but chat is really becoming a triggering issue for a lot of people.. would you dear Kira?

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My lips are sealed my Kira.. :) Hey maybe if you ask Ben he'll answer.. he tends to ignore me.. but chat is really becoming a triggering issue for a lot of people.. would you dear Kira?
If you're referring to chat on mobile phones, especially PM's, then it's always been a problem. That's why I have the "Can't PM on phone... Sorry". I know that Admin are always looking at ways to improve things and this is one of them but of course I can't speak for Ben personally. If he wants me to be his PA I'll consider it along with a considerable pay rise ;)

crumbum

SF Supporter
Ben needs a PA :) Someone to get him coffee and rub his back and tell him what a wonderful guy he is.. (and you are Ben.. I hope you know I love you immensely). But I'm on a macbook pro.. and if I don't refresh chat every minute and a half I miss at least 1/4 of the messages. It's annoying but annoying isn't the issue.. I've seen people come in there really struggling and they try to reach out and no one answers because they don't see it.. I only see when I refresh that they reached out and were ignored and then left.. or sometimes we will see them and answer and they can't see our answers so they think they're being ignored and then leave.. that's what worries me most.. for the newbies.. the people who have been around at least understand that messages are being missed.. but it's still hard if you're in PM and someone's struggling.. it's difficult to have a comprehensive conversation. I don't remember it being this way since the new platform came around so.. I'm not sure if it's just too much traffic or bandwidth or what really.. but it's an issue for sure.

JmpMster

Owner Emeritus
Ben needs a PA :) Someone to get him coffee and rub his back and tell him what a wonderful guy he is.. (and you are Ben.. I hope you know I love you immensely). But I'm on a macbook pro.. and if I don't refresh chat every minute and a half I miss at least 1/4 of the messages. It's annoying but annoying isn't the issue.. I've seen people come in there really struggling and they try to reach out and no one answers because they don't see it.. I only see when I refresh that they reached out and were ignored and then left.. or sometimes we will see them and answer and they can't see our answers so they think they're being ignored and then leave.. that's what worries me most.. for the newbies.. the people who have been around at least understand that messages are being missed.. but it's still hard if you're in PM and someone's struggling.. it's difficult to have a comprehensive conversation. I don't remember it being this way since the new platform came around so.. I'm not sure if it's just too much traffic or bandwidth or what really.. but it's an issue for sure.

There is a message about this issue here in troubleshooting, and also was discussed and mentioned in the townhall meeting minutes. We are having an upgrade/update done to chat this month thta hopefully will correct the situation, and we have already hired a developer to look at in the past. We are hoping that the update/upgrade will fix the situation. Doing the update is not a simple thing as over half our chat features are custom adds that need to be redone after the update.

crumbum

SF Supporter
Thanks Ben :) I figured there was a fix in the works already.. but you never know. I hope you're doing well my friend. Drop into chat sometime eh? You're missed you know. (((Ben)))

Oh and Kira totally volunteered to like.. do your paperwork and get you coffee and rub your feet and stuff soo.. take her up on it huh? :)

@Kira :p

JulieDegraw

There is a message about this issue here in troubleshooting, and also was discussed and mentioned in the townhall meeting minutes. We are having an upgrade/update done to chat this month thta hopefully will correct the situation, and we have already hired a developer to look at in the past. We are hoping that the update/upgrade will fix the situation. Doing the update is not a simple thing as over half our chat features are custom adds that need to be redone after the update.
Awesomeness :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00