Uncertain feelings..

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by JadeKelly, Sep 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeKelly

JadeKelly Member

I feel so stupid lately. I know you can't control your feelings but sometimes I get so angry at myself for not being able to. I've been working for Directv a little over 6 months now and I got on another team 3 months ago.. Well... I have been completely stressing out because I think I've fallen for my MARRIED straight supervisor. It is driving me crazy because I don't know if she knows that I have a crush on her and if she does.. like what does she think? I know I want to live in reality..and understand that she won't ever feel the same. I'd like to get to know her but how do I ask her questions without freakin' her out? Like normal just friendly things? I joke around with her when I'm at work-once a week but there isn't a lot of time to do that.

She's been really sweet about talking to me when I was frustrated about work or being sick. I don't want her to make any exceptions for me but I want her to understand what things are going on in my life... you know? How do I deal with these feelings non destructively?

I know that I can't control how I feel about her.. She's really beautiful...with gorgeous eyes and a nice smile.

Today was a horrible day for her. I could just tell she was totally stressing out so I sent her a little e-mail letting her know that she's been a really great supervisor with all this and I know she's got a lot to do. Do you think that it was good I let her know I appreciated it? I have said it numerous times.. I mean she doesn't even need to listen to me but she has. I didn't even really talk to her all that much today. I left her alone.

I'm just worried she'll find out and stop talking to me.. She is my supervisor and it could get uncomfortable. I am NOT in the business of making people uncomfortable. I haven't flirted or really said anything.. but maybe it's the way I act? I don't know!

Anyone else had crushes? I feel so stupid!

-Jade

2. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

IT's good that you let her know you appreciate her in a professional way. Most likely, she won't suspect your feelings because she probably assumes you are straight (unless she knows for a fact that you aren't).

But you shouldn't harbor hopes of hooking up with her, as she is a straight married woman. It is one thing to have a harmless crush, but try not to indulge in any unhealthy fantasies that will only get you more depressed.

And don't compromise your working relationship and your career/job because of your crush. You will find someone who returns your feelings and who will love you, and expending energy on a fantasy will only lead to more pain and cut you off from real romantic possibilities.

3. ----

Like it's been said above, I don't think she suspects but I do agree with trying to distance yourself from the situation. I know you want to let her know you care but she does seem unattainable.. It only causes more heartache/depression/loneliness attaching yourself to people who are completely unreachable. I know the feeling though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.