Uncertainty

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by daissy, Jan 14, 2015.

1. daissy

daissy Member

These past few days have not been the best. I'm tired of acting. I keep pretending I'm happy and okay. Yet no one suspects a thing, I guess the act is quite believable. I've recently lied to people that I care about and I'm still not sure why. I keep asking myself why I'm still even here. My existence means nothing. I will never do anything worthwhile in life. Maybe the reason I'm still here is to wait for an opportunity to do good. I know it's going to be okay , I just wanna know when this feeling that has taken over will leave me alone. Everyone around me even "close" friends I've been starting to see differently. It's like they're fading away, my senses are all telling me that they don't genuinely care about me. That's pretty deranged and new to me, this has never happened to me this severely. I shall try my hardest to get out of this situation, let's see how it goes.

Sincerely,
    Daisy
    P.S. Thanks for reading! :) Sorry this was so fucking boring

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Ia m sorry you are feeling so alone with your emotions. Depression hard one to get through without some help. Please talk to someone ok your doctor and get some help to pull you out of the dark place you are in. The depression will only isolate you more so get help soon ok

3. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

If you are not familiar with depression and how it makes you feel and perceive things then try to read up on it a little and get evaluated by a professional (self diagnosis is really of little value because it is based on the perceptions that are effected by the illness). The easiest way to make the feelings stop is to figure out if there is a reason for them (like depression or even some biological based illness or imbalance- all easily discovered with a dr visit and evaluation/tests) and then following the prescribed course of treatment. If people have a fever and sore throat for months , they would go to a dr and ask for a diagnosis and treatment. Mental health is the same, when it does not feel right for weeks and months it is time for some help in diagnosis and treatment because it probably is not going to go away on its own anytime soon. Just like other illnesses, the longer you wait, the more damage and the more prolonged and difficult the treatment.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

4. querida

querida Well-Known Member

I'm sending you big big hugs.

I know hard it is for you right now because I have been there too. I remember how hopeless everything seemed.

I know that it sounds cliche but you can feel better. It's totally normal to feel down and sometimes for no reason. I guarantee there are many people out there who feel the same way.

Message me anytime

5. daissy

daissy Member

Thank you all for your advice and hugs . I really appreciate it, I'm going to definitely try to get my hands on a professional that will help me. I can't let this beat me down. Sending lots of love to those who took their time to write me back :)

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Daisy, I agree with the advice you have already been given, you should not have to suffer alone and in silence. There are plenty of professionals out there who can help you, all you have to do is reach out and admit to them that you do have a problem and we're always here for you too Daisy :hug:

7. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

first off, thank you for sharing what you're dealing with and no, it wasn't boring. i can relate to some of what you feel. when people ask me how I'm doing i usually just say that I'm okay, which is a lie most of the time. Lately, i have been feeling even more out of place in nearly every social situation i am in. Whether it be at work or at church or other places. I have always felt scoailly inept, but nowadays, it's where i'm afraid this will be the rest of my life....being lonely in a social world.

i'm sorry that I don't really have a solution for you....if I did, I would be using it and telling you and other about it. But i just wanted you to know that I can relate and the you aren't alone. glad you're here and i hope things start to change for the good for you soon.