uncertainty

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by *sparkle*, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

I know this sounds strange :unsure:

But does anyone ever get a feeling that they can't get things right? like... EVER? I realise that this is more a thought than a reality - I know in practice i do get things right on ocassion - but even then i torture myself inside asking myself all the possible scenarios and what would have happened "if" and so on and so on...

This applies to most areas of my life - whether it be the time that i take the dog out, the way i spoke to someone, what i bought in the supermarket, how hot the food is, how long i cooked it, the brand of washing machine i bought etc etc etc. just sometimes seems like everything and what worries me most is that i do the right thing by other people - that i don't hurt them by my insecurities. the world sure can become quite a frightening place when you're unsure about everything. sometimes just have to mentally pull myself back to the reality of the situation - I can't be wrong about simple things ALL the time.

I know where this came from and why i am like this - it's not something that i am really very comfortable talking about - there is only 2 people that even have a vague idea. perhaps the time is coming for me to open up a little and see where that path takes me. because I KNOW that i am being irrational - but i can't help it!

2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

:hug: hun,

you do many things right in my book :smile:

i'm here if you need someone to open up to babe x

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

:hug: Ellie!

-I echo Sam's words-

You rock :rockon:

4. Hazel

Hazel SF & Antiquitie's Friend Staff Alumni

Isn't this part and parcel of depression? I know when I was really depressed I felt like this too, I felt everything i did was wrong, nothing was ever good enough.
    It's good to see you realise you are being irrrational though, that's a good start on the road to recovery.
    And just in case you are in any doubt, you do many things right in my book too.

:hug: Hazel xx

5. fweeps

fweeps Staff Alumni

*hug sparkle you do alot of the right things. Its amazing how our thoughts can interpret things in a negitive way. Write down some positive things you do and are. Ill start....

1. Your kind
    2. You dont give up even when things are really really hard (u know what I mean)
    3. You;ve been there for me more than once..your a good friend
    4. You give others support when they need you

Thats just a start ...add to the list my friend.

Maria luv you

6. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

thank you hug

you're all good people

wish i was better

x

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I think we all wish we were better sparkle. How we view ourselves and how others view us are miles apart when depression envelopes us. Just as you think we are good people, we think you are. :hug:

8. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I agree, the way we view ourselves is always different to the way others perceive us. Its like when my friends moan about how fat they are, when i look at them i don't see it. We all think lower of ourselves than others do of us. None of us think you're a bad person or that you don't do anything right, please don't feel like that is true :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.