Uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Drekono, Aug 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drekono

Drekono Well-Known Member

Don't people know it's not polite to stare? It makes someone feel uncomfortable :(

2. mandyj101

mandyj101 Well-Known Member

heya ..
    im guessing u mean stare at scars/wounds ?
    it makes me feel uncomfortable aswel .. so i just cover everything up .. that way there is nothing 2 stare at ..
    i havent worn a short sleeved top in public since i was about 14 .. almost 22 now :unsure:
    take care x

3. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

:hug: yeah it makes me feel awkward too, especially if strangers ask. Stare back at them-they'll get the message :laugh:

have you looked at the scar reduction thread??

4. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

They don't seem to care heh.... its uncomfortable when they do but I don't cover anything up. What's really awkward tho is when people decide to talk about it to you in public, like my boss, at work, in front of co-workers... snatched my arm and was like "Did you hurt yourself, child?" I was like wow ok what am I supposed to say to that??

5. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

I know what you mean.
    It used to get to me really bad. But well.. I just got over it.
    Its still kinda annoying though.
    The worst part of it all its not when the random people in public stare and converse to each other like i cant hear them.. but its when so called friends and coworkers do that makes it hard.
    Just a few reasons why im that guy with a long sleeve shirt in the middle of summer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.