'underlying causes'

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by VALIS, Aug 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

when i look back at my life it becomes clear that i need drugs. it's really stupid and i hate it, but it's the truth. the main struggle for me is finding the right combination so that i can wake up every day pretty much the same- no giant depressions, no comedowns, no agitation or irritability in the extreme. i don't remember a time in my life where i wasn't depressed and suicidal or else high as **** all the time.
    ive done a lot of mushrooms, some lsd, more than a little pot smoking, and prescription meds that werent prescribed for me. i did speed for a year and a half (in very small doses), but that started to ruin my life so i had to quit. I tried getting totally clean and didn't get out of bed for 5 months except a few hours a day to eat and stretch my aching atrophied muscles. it was AWFUL. so now i'm on meds for bipolar II and i've quit recreational use of the hard drugs. i still smoke pot once in awhile. i drink on the weekends. i quit smoking cigarettes. but i need something more so i take a bunch of supplements and drink teaspoonfulls of datura tea. i am taking ephedra now. it's just horrendous to live this way but i need it. always going up or coming down. an addict. AA is not for me because i have god, i have only one addiction and it's not to alcohol it's to any other mindstate except my natural one. i hope one day soon i just cry myself to death and meet brian in the afterlife. i miss him so much.
  2. robbiati11

robbiati11 Member

sorry you're still struggling. I think a lot of people in AA would identify to being addicted to the altered mind state. I'm not really a big AA advocate, I came off drink while going to an alcohol group at an outpatients clinic but I've been to a few AA meetings cos they're a lot cheaper.
    hope you feel better soon anyway,
  3. Montage

Montage Well-Known Member

have you thought of going to a different group? or a possible program for a few months? it might be just what you need...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.