Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Shannøn444, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Shannøn444

Shannøn444 Active Member

Please understand that I'm not trying to be a pain, a nuisance, an inconvenience, a problem. I'm not lazy or mad, just extremely sad.
    My friends and family are usually quite supportive, well they try to be. They don't really know what to do or say and I'm not sure if even I know.
    My closest friends just look at me sadly and I don't want that I don't want to be seen as broken or weak. My family will constantly remind me of how it's all just a phase and it will get better or "just go out and be happy," but I can't. I cant leave my house because I'm to tired, because my stomach twists in knots and I'm so ashamed to be seen. But to them I'm just not trying.
    So I guess I just came here to find someone or something.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

I am sorry that your friends and family do not understand you. What about giving them some informations so that they understand more and know what to say.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I can relate to so much on this website it scares me, trust me when I say leave the house, I was stuck in a rut for 5 years not leaving the house please do not go down that road, the longer you leave it the harder it gets. I am glad your family are supportive and yeah its true that most people do care they just don't know what to say anyway just posting to say I understand and I care. If we could all just go out and be happy there would be no such thing as mental illness. I am glad they are trying to understand though, that is the main thing! Big hugs and hope you can get through this miserable time in your life safely!
    Shannøn444 likes this.