understanding emotions

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Jessieblue, Jan 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessieblue

Jessieblue Member

Why are some people easily hurt while others are not is it to do with what side of the brain we use more? and if you grow up in a environment were you learnt to lose control of your emotions how do we then change/break the cycle as a adult?

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I would be far from certain that some people are hurt more easily then others. While certainly different things hurt different people I would be willing to bet that many times in your life you have been hurt badly and simply smiled and laughed until later even though it was all fake and hurt very much inside-- the thing is , so does everybody else. That is why when people are always talking about everybody else being so happy and they wish they could be too they should look back up a few lines to where they had just wrote that they pretend to be happy themselves and nobody knows how bad it is -- it is the same for the vast majority or people so the standard we are trying to reach for happiness and a great life simply does not exist and measuring ourselves against that standard is sure route to disappointment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.