unemployed and lonely

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ilsa, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilsa

ilsa Member

I haven't had a job in months, and all the time I've been spending at home as a result has made my social anxiety and feelings of worthlessness go through the roof. I'm a 26-year-old college grad, am about about ten years behind people my age socially, and I feel damaged beyond repair because of it. I see people my age with careers, getting married, being completely independent, and all of that stuff, while I wasted my youth socially isolated, virtually friendless, afraid to date, financially dependent on my parents, and, now, unable to even get minimum wage jobs. Nowadays, I can't even be around my so-called peers without feeling subhuman. It feels like one of those situations where the only solution is suicide.

I wish there was at least one aspect of my life in which I wasn't a total failure.I've been told that if I stop the self-pity, make big changes now, and do things that scare me, I could be in the same life path as my peers by the time I'm 30. Maybe if I'd changed in college, that could've been true, but (though I know I'm not that old) it feels like it's too late now :(
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2010
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It's not too late. :hug: Is there anything you like to do, something you enjoy that you could spend time doing?
  3. itsmeagain

itsmeagain New Member

i was in the same boat in jan
    a hint to get back into employment (minimum job) dont mention ur qualfications cos they feel threatened by it. it just a waiting game but it will come.
  4. TerrapinStation

TerrapinStation Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problems but im 32, but just recently an incrdible opportunity opened itself up t me:hugtackles:
  5. History

History Well-Known Member

I'm even worse. same probs.but 38.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.