Unemployed, Fat, Depressive and Anxious,

Status
Not open for further replies.
interview after interview no one will hire me. my skills are through the roof. I've been out of work over a year. I was almost finished with bachelor's degree but due to money and anxiety I couldn't take a full load of classes. Rent is backed up and due, me and my relationship is suffering because my boyfriend is not ambitious or working either. Everytime I take one step forward, I go one step back. The way I look is probably offputting. the fact that I've been going to school for ten years straight while I actually was working doesn't help me. My old job stressed me to the limit until i was laid off. all of my "friends" abandoned me. I keep borrowing money I will not be able to pay back. I just feel worthless and like I'll never reach the success in my life that I want. Health issues keep me from really losing weight and exercising. But how can I drop a ton of weight in time to go on my next interview? I feel like I'm being discriminated against and yet I feel I am my own worst enemy. I really want to die. If I had the means I would. I just don't want to try something that doesnt work.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
I am sorry you are having trouble getting a job Lots of people here have that same problem If you have the skills they are looking for i do not think your weight should matter to them Have you thought about finishing your degree on line so the anxiety would be less. Hope you keep reaching out here for support time to get rid of the bf if he is just holding you back as well

Terry

Antiquities Friend
Staff Alumni
How about lowering your standards on what job you will take?
A job would boost your confidence and at least it would bring some money in so you can pay the rent; you'd have something to put on your CV and you could look around for something better once you've got some money coming in.

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Focus on taking fewer class load to finish that BA degree then take more the following semesters, just take one class if can't handle the stress.

If you're feeling unhealthy then do something about it, it's not going to happen overnight. Others got themselves out of that zone by having motivation to be healthier. I have been looking for a workout buddy to go on walks with me and push my motivation better to follow through. Just pick one thing that's making you feel unhealthy and work on it, don't do everything all at once it's like a disaster waiting to happen. Right now I have goal of drinking water instead of diet pop.... I agree 100% people discriminate based on looks/weight. Evil unspoken habit humans tend to have, they may deny it but I'm sick of good looking people get hired vs regular people who has better skill sets. It happens at my work.

Bless you all for your responses. Things have gotten slightly better but are still unbearable. I need to figure out how to get rid of my boyfriend so he won't have to suffer along with me. He deserves more.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Do you like your boyfriend? Does he like you? Relationships do not always experience 'good times'. You need to be there for each other through the good and the bad. Even the best of relationships have their bad times. Have you talked this over with your boyfriend? And you might ask yourself if you would leave him just because he was struggling. I suspect you would NOT. Maybe you should give him the same opportunity to stay with you.

interview after interview no one will hire me. my skills are through the roof. I've been out of work over a year. I was almost finished with bachelor's degree but due to money and anxiety I couldn't take a full load of classes. Rent is backed up and due, me and my relationship is suffering because my boyfriend is not ambitious or working either. Everytime I take one step forward, I go one step back. The way I look is probably offputting. the fact that I've been going to school for ten years straight while I actually was working doesn't help me. My old job stressed me to the limit until i was laid off. all of my "friends" abandoned me. I keep borrowing money I will not be able to pay back. I just feel worthless and like I'll never reach the success in my life that I want. Health issues keep me from really losing weight and exercising. But how can I drop a ton of weight in time to go on my next interview? I feel like I'm being discriminated against and yet I feel I am my own worst enemy. I really want to die. If I had the means I would. I just don't want to try something that doesnt work.
Hi, there,

I totally understand how you feel. As consolation, know Im in the same situation. I have been applying for jobs since June and dont even get to the stage of being shorlisted for an interview. I got a degree, I speak two languages, lots of experience and good computing skills and NOTHING. Just rejection after rejection. Because I dont have a job/income I can not rent anything so Im basically homeless. My boyfriend lives in another country and because the separation seems to be endless, they relationship is suffering. Im desperate. I was fired of my previous job for taking a year off sick on depresion (due mainly to the job).

I know very well and from being in life long enough, when you are depressed or down, everybody run off of you. Dont expect any sympathy from your friends.

As you I will never get success in life. Everything I try in life, anything I like or would like to get into, there is a big sign on the door stating "Darling, OU NO".

I become obssesed with my figure too, obsessing about being fat despite all doctors labelled me "anorexic", i see myself fat.

I tried many times suicide but everytime some stupid walk pass and says "don't do it, things will get better". I despise so much positive thinking and all the CBT therapy crap going on nowdays.

Life sucks and mine will never get better.

But I just want to let you know, you are not alone in this boat. I know it wont solve your problem. But many are on you feet.

I hope you had some luck recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00