Unforeseen Consequences

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Breathe, Aug 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Breathe

Breathe Well-Known Member

Wondering how to deal with this... anxiety of unforeseen consequences. Y'know scared to make a move in case it totally screws up your life even though you know its for the best?

I have been suffering from bouts of depression, but now i get paranoid if the phone rings that its someone to get my parents angered at me and i am worried every time i leave my room in case i get hurt or put in danger.

I know i should see a councilor or therapist to get evaluated or just to talk to. But i am scared shitless to what will become of it.

I have gotten close to getting help so many times, talked to my doctors, talked to friends, got numbers to therapy and got appointments but i never go and i refuse to answer the phone to them after wards.

I'm a coward, a chicken. I can't stand up and take control and take dive when it is in terms of my mental health. When it comes to love, education and general life i love the thrill of just going for it. But this subject. It scares me. I dont know how to deal with it.
  2. cloudy

cloudy Well-Known Member

i think you will get tired of feeling this way and eventually get help. i know i did. i went through a point where i didn't want to take medicine anymore and then realized how bad off i was when i wasn't taking anything.

i still get scared when i go to a doctor,afraid that they will put me in the hospital. here as long as you are not homicidal or suicidal they won't admit you to the hospital, so i was told.

there are times when someone really needs help with medication and they will send you to the hospital if they feel it is needed. but eventually you will have to give in or it will get worse.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think next time appt is made take a friend with you it is allowed This will make appt easier. The therpist psychologist are there to help you to get you stronger and better What possible could go wrong they have your best interest and will work to gain your trust. They are very kind caring people and just talking to them they gave me techniques to use when i am going insane. I think i would be locked up now if it weren't for my therapist helping me. Please just go and get help the therapist will know what to say and how to get you comfortable. Go Now.
  4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Take some time and write your thoughts down..Then make another appointment.. Like violet said take someone with you.. It's easier that way.. They can wait in the waiting room while you are with the therapist.. Once you are there I think you will find it's not as bad as you are thinking.. I am thankfull to my therapist she is the best..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.