Unforgivable?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by absolution, Jun 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

In your opinion is there anything a friend can do to you or say to you that would be unforgivable? Something that would make you end the friendship?? :unsure:

2. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

A betrayel of confidences.

Once the trust is gone, there isn't much hope.

3. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Totally agree with you Domo, if you do not have trust then it is so hard. Apart from that most things can be forgiven depending on the person, or what the situation was.

4. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

im really unsure of what to do :dunno:

5. Ignored

Ignored Staff Alumni

I sometimes think a clean break is better than continuing a relationship which is damaged beyond repair. I have done that and regret it... I should have had the strength to let go a long time ago. When all the trust or fun has gone out of a friendship what is the point of carrying on?

6. plates

plates Well-Known Member

I agree with the above.

I can't tell you Sam what is unforgivable to you, only you would know. But for me, personally, my tendency is to shove everything that bothers me to the back of my mind and wait until I combust, then I realise, yeah- y'know, those things did hurt and effect me. It isn't something I'd recommend, I'd say following your instincts are much better, once somebody has crossed the line once- try and talk to them about it. If there's any resolution and you're happy to continue- then you'll feel happier in the friendship. If you don't, then you'll know you're not happy, and again- listen to your gut instinct closely.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2010
  7. Warm Hands

Warm Hands Well-Known Member

This, definately.

I'm in a situation where due to several betrayals, I'm very against telling her 'deep' things, or how I really feel, and even though we still can and do have fun when we actually are together - which isn't that often at all - then there really isn't much left there...

I do this. I never truly speak my mind and just bottle it all up until I read my breaking point. In my last relationship (the one sort of mentioned above) my girlfriend was rather sensitive and could not handle any critisixm whatsoever... So ultimately I was in a lose-lose situation by not telling her things becuase she could tell I was holding back, but keeping it all to myself was the less-losing side... So that's the one I picked. Then hit my limit and didn't talk to her for 6 months...

And now that we're talking again, I still don't trust her at all... So once again I can't tell her anything of real value... and so really I have no idea what our relationship is based on anymore.... Just the longong for how things were in the beginning, I guess...

8. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

If a friend made a spiteful comment towards me, with no call for it, I wouldn't continue the friendship. Although, if he or she was a close friend, I would let it slide.

9. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

Its just so hurtful....and i know this person is in pain too but like it was really uncalled for and eehhh >.< Idk Shes really kind and caring and stuffs so im thinking it was just an off comment but it has me thinking if thats what she really thinks ya know?
    Im really confused >.>:blink:

10. Viro

Viro Well-Known Member

If someone were to spread something, or attempt to get me in any sort of trouble, that would be it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.