Unforseen Time and Occurence [Trigger]

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Will, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Will

Will Staff Alumni

Anyone ever really stop for a second, and just look around you? In public, I mean. That like, everyone around you could die at any given moment. That there's always a chance the person you talked to could be gone within a few seconds. Minutes. Hours. Days. Months. Years. However you wish to put it. We will all pass, but even at a place like SF...

It's like almost knowing eachother in person, just we're all seperated by walls. If we disappeared, no one really knows. It bugs me sometimes to think that there are people who have joined, posted, but never checked again. Some who just post a good bye. We had a chance to do something, and we can't save them. It's being really helpless.

It's just that, fearing, someone's life...life is important. Someone's life made one last sign of existence, grasping desperately for help. And even if it was out of everyone's control, that person could be dead. They could be seriously injured, paralyzed, a vegetable. It really gets to me sometimes.

Sometimes it's the members that have been here for awhile. I mean, there are some really good people that just help, and don't post their problems anymore. And these people, the good members of SF, don't have a place to go. And they prevent these suicides, and help people, give them a place. But what if just someday they do it themselves. We would never know.

People like that are admirable, and it pains me to think that their lives were used so selflessly, and died by the same cause. It's sad sometimes. It's just like, there are quite a few, and you know, I think it's only fair that we sometimes drop a ring on them, ask them how their doing, and just sincerely try and see if they're alright.

I don't see a reason they should face this alone. It seems to be common anymore that people who remain here for a long time eventually stop posting their troubles, and only pick people up.

Does anyone else think about these people? Any thoughts?

2. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Hm..This really makes you think..People take those people for granted, I think...They just take, take, take, and never give anything back to them..It's kind of sad, actually..

3. Melancholy

Melancholy Well-Known Member

I agree.

But I also think that for a lot of those people, helping others helps themselves. From experience it makes me feel good to know that I've helped someone else.

:unsure:

4. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

:hug: Deep post, I know what you mean. I have been here for over 3 years and I remember a few people who helped me A LOT when I first joined, but, I haven't seen them around in ages and I have tried to contact them with no reply. I could think of the negative sides, what could have happened... but I prefer to think that they are feeling much stronger in themselves and would rather cut themselves off from SF. It's not meant to be personal. But, when someone is feeling better, coming back to SF could be a trigger for them as I'm sure you'd understand.

:grouphug: to all. :)

5. Trip the Dark fantastic

Trip the Dark fantastic Well-Known Member

Who helps the helpers, who heals the healers...? Looking back through the postings, I find many voices of the past and no more traces of them in the present incarnation of the forum. Why? It may well be the reason that those who help, have used this forum to collect missing puzzle-pieces to finally being able to help themselves. They may have known, how much they can give of themselves without jeopardizing their balance of mind and now they have chosen to use these skills to finally help themselves. This is what I like to think.

I share Xibyll's observation on the anonymity of those around us. They are Will-o'-the-wisp's, whose beauty and strangeness we catch from the corner of our eyes before our importance of being alive and preserving sanity catches us again....

If anything, those soothing voices, those supporting advisers should remind us on our obligations of -at times- remembering them, whilst struggling in the futile fight against the ephemerality of being.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.