Unforseen triggers

TW for whomever needs it: addiction and abuse

The Maxwell verdict was announced and the bets are on regarding her likely demise. Previously having read a couple of articles about her, I had some idea of her origins - she was born into affluence. However, I didn't know the back story of her late boss Jeffrey. He was pictured rubbing shoulders with the ultrarich, but he wasn't born the son of a tycoon. Thus, I wondered how he came to play with the big boys. Where did he get all that money and all those connections? I am the kind of person who wants to know how people get where they are, be it good or bad. No one lives in a vaccuum - events and circumstances can facilitate or thwart our plans and intentions.

I went down the rabbit hole of researching personal history to discover yet another "wunderkind" who skipped two grades in school. Jeffrey started high school at twelve and graduated at sixteen. Afterward, he attended college and university, but did not attain a degree. Despite this, he was able to land a teaching gig at a prestigious school. It was through that institution that he was able to get on at Bear Stearns. Networking 101 - happens all the time. What I did not anticipate was the particulars of his rise at Bear Stearns. Jeffrey went from being a junior employee to advising top tier clients like Edgar Bronfman - Seagram distillery.

Whoa! For the most folks, that would not have been a major detail, but for me, it was a giant trigger. Seagram had a history that included bootlegging during Prohibition. My foster mom was born in 1921, so I was steeped in the lore of the south from the Depression onward. She drank daily for decades, ultimately to her demise. Her alcoholism was fueled by only one beverage - Seagram's V. O. Canadian whiskey. She drank lots of it and nothing else would do

I watched her consumption increase during my childhood in the 70s. This period coincided with Jeffrey's association with Bronfman, so her preference of poison literally lined their pockets (yeah, she was just one person, but Seagram was the only beneficiary of her consumption, since she wouldn't drink anything else). Earlier, my bio mom had lost custody due to neglect and abuse. She was an addict and alcoholic. The two women met in a liquor store.

Circling back to Jeffrey, he continued his pursuit of profit and pleasure. He bought multiple properties, including the Palm Beach estate. I knew nothing about that geography. To me, the whole region was affluent. I had no idea that there were actually two municipalities - PB and West PB. West PB is the county seat and the residents are middle to low income. It is the opposite of PB. And that provided Jeffrey with a large pool of victims at the local high schools. The targeted girls came from dysfunctional households rife with addiction and abuse. They were extremely vulnerable. Jeffrey rubbed shoulders with the big boys, but he "employed" females who were at the bottom of the income and power scale. I was removed from my bio home because of similar circumstances as those poor girls.

Learning the back story of some of the girls was yet another trigger. As I stated, I had no clue of the geography and socio economics. Now I have been enlightened, but at a price. I didn't expect to have so much in common with the characters in this horrific drama.

Velveteen Bunny

The rich and powerful have made this world system. Anyone who doesn't fit into their idea of profit is expendable (like a farmer with his animals, that's literally how they view us). Why they make deals with hospitals to give people over the age of 65 poisonous drugs to kill them (like they just did with my mom, 83), so the gov doesn't have to pay out social security to useless eaters, and why they harvest body parts and stem cells from aborted babies, a trillion dollar business world-wide, and steal children from poor people all over the world for their slave trade. It's disgusting, and I want no part in their system.

The rich and powerful have made this world system. Anyone who doesn't fit into their idea of profit is expendable (like a farmer with his animals, that's literally how they view us). Why they make deals with hospitals to give people over the age of 65 poisonous drugs to kill them (like they just did with my mom, 83), so the gov doesn't have to pay out social security to useless eaters, and why they harvest body parts and stem cells from aborted babies, a trillion dollar business world-wide, and steal children from poor people all over the world for their slave trade. It's disgusting, and I want no part in their system.
Uhh, your thoughts are not really germaine to my post meaning. Please refrain from further commentary.

How is it disrepectful for me to politely establish boundaries regarding a post that was disrepectful to me? The reply was irrelevant to my topic and highly incendiary in nature.

Velveteen Bunny

I'm not sure how I was disrespecting you, and I'm sorry if I did. I was just sharing what I have found out about things that are going on, and how upsetting it is to me, personally. If you look up the interview of Maria Farmer (she and her sister Annie were victims of Jeffery Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell) by Whitney Webb, they confirm everything that I said above. Also, since you were talking about how your adopted mom was a victim of their alcohol products, I feel that my mom was a victim of the pharmaceutical industry and the protocol procedure they follow in the hospitals regarding elderly patients who end up there, which makes me angry and upset. I tried to get her out of there several times but was thwarted each time, and I could tell they were giving me the run-around. There have been several doctors who have courageously come forward and stated that things are not right in the hospitals.

I won't say anything more here.

Last edited:

Aves

I'm not sure how I was disrespecting you, and I'm sorry if I did. I was just sharing what I have found out about things that are going on, and how upsetting it is to me, personally. If you look up the interview of Maria Farmer (she and her sister Annie were victims of Jeffery Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell) by Whitney Webb, they confirm everything that I said above.

I won't say anything more here.
You don’t need to apologise for anything, you haven’t done anything wrong :) I’m sorry you were made to feel that way.

Tor

SF Supporter
How is it disrepectful for me to politely establish boundaries regarding a post that was disrepectful to me? The reply was irrelevant to my topic and highly incendiary in nature.
I’m sorry, but I don’t understand how the response was disrespectful to you. You asked another member not to respond again, which disrespects their opinion and comfort posting in a supportive space.

This is in no way meant to be an attack, just a simple reminder of the site rules, so we can maintain a supportive space for everyone

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand how the response was disrespectful to you. You asked another member not to respond again, which disrespects their opinion and comfort posting in a supportive space.

This is in no way meant to be an attack, just a simple reminder of the site rules, so we can maintain a supportive space for everyone
Yes - I asked someone whose comments were inflamatory to refrain from further comments on my original post. They are free to post elsewhere, just not with me. My original post was revealing triggers that I would never anticipated. I chose my words very carefully and left out some of the horrific details to minimise collateral damage. The reply was a diatribe of ancillary topics and came across as a rant. I established a boundary and requested no further communication from that party. I was kind by being civil and polite, even though I felt blindsided by the reply. I am not in the least apologetic for my request.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00