unhappy tonight

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by sadhart, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

So I have no money, no alcohol to numb the pain and I feel so unsure about my life or if things are going to get better. On friday i was invited to a party and for a brief moment, I felt okay....it made me realize how unhappy i am being around my family who isn't always supportive. the first month of the year isn't even over and this year is already looking bad.
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you went to the party hun take your mind of your sadness for awhile okay let us know how it went hugs
  3. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

it's possible for things to get better.

i'm not one to say everything will get better if you think positively, but I think it's helpful not to get negative if you can avoid it.

maybe this year could be good
  4. Tmacster1

Tmacster1 Well-Known Member

Things may look bad now... But they can get better over time. I know I'm having a difficult rough patch this month as well. So, far I've been alright but it might get worse unless I do counseling.

Thinking positively about the future is a good thing to do. I can't say that everything in your specific case will get better. I'm not a qualified therapist. However, I believe looking towards a bright future is the way. It's helping me because I want to become a registered nurse - which will be down the road sense I'm still getting all the pre-nursing classes out of the way.

Hopefully the rest of the year will go better for you. *hug

5. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. When I went to the party, sur I felt a little self conscious and nervous, but im glad i went overall because i felt more appreciated and accepted there than with my own stupid family.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.