Unhappy with my situation

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Rather not say, Sep 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is my first time posting in this forum and i'm not sure if this is the right topic for it but, I have been thinking about how to deal with this for some time, so I thought I would try here and maybe you folks would have some info for me!

I'm a female in my early 20's and lately I just feel like nothing makes me happy. After recently discussing it with my s/o I have decided that I need to go see a doctor because I feel like i'm losing my mind. Sometimes I do think about suicide, but I couldn't actually bring myself to do it because I know it would affect more than just me. But not waking up in the morning sounds fantastic.

I have a great relationship and a very understanding s/o who has put up with whatever this is i'm going through for the last year. Even though he is amazing, i'm just not happy. I am picking a fight with him almost every day. I freak on him for something as simple as him not hearing what I said, and asking me to repeat it. Then there are days where I really enjoy our time together and couldn't be happier, but unfortunately those days are few and far in between.

In the last 3 years I have been through about 15-20 jobs, I just can't keep myself going back, no matter how much I enjoy what i'm doing. I have quit speaking to friends, except for one who lives 5 hours away so I don't mind because I don't actually have to go out and hang out with her. When I used to be really social, and enjoy going out with friends, these days it seems like a chore.

I just can't figure out what is wrong with me, I never used to be like this, I had more friends then I knew what to do with, I used to be extremely happy with my boyfriend. I've never been overly patient, but these days I just fly off the handle over nothing.

The thought of going out in public makes me sick to my stomach, I don't want to run in to anyone I know because I know they will tell me to give them a call sometime, and I know that I won't and I don't want them to be mad at me.

I have been in kind of a rut, where we lived before I was unable to work because we were so far out of town and I don't have a car, so I kind of got used to being home. But i've never felt this bad. My s/o and I have been talking and thought maybe it would be a good idea for me to get a hobby, or volunteer or do something that would make me feel like I was accomplishing something. Because at my age I should have goals, I have none and it doesn't bother me, even though I know it should.

I'm sorry if this is long and kind of all over the place, but i'd like someone elses take on this.

Thank you!

2. Robin

Robin Guest

Hiyas :) Am not sure what s/o means however I would definitely see a doctor about how you feel. Depression can suck the life out of anybody and everything, even food can start looking disgusting and aggressive feelings are common. I was lucky, when I was getting a lot of these feelings the medication, while not a cure, helped me feel like I wasn't spinning out of control.

Exercise is good so I am told as is a good diet with a reduction in stimulants like coffee or tea, at least at night, but most of all it's important to see a doctor and hopefully get referred for some therapy and medication if the doctor feels it is necessary.

:)

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Significant other ;)

4. How do I go about talking to my doctor about this? I don't want to walk in there and say "I feel like i'm losing my mind"

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hiya!

I'd suggest that you tell your doctor that you're not feeling yourself/ feeling low and unhappy, they should do the talking from there.
    I know it's very hard to talk about it and you may feel worse at first but it will be worth it, it might help to ask the doctor if they can refer you to counselling too!

6. Robin

Robin Guest

Why not? :) It is how you feel :hug:

7. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

It can be so hard to talk to your doc about this because you dont understand it yourself, so what words do you use to tell him/her how out of sorts you are. I'd suggest you tell the doc exactly what you have said here. Hun you arent alone in how you feel. It is all symptoms of depression. And it can hit anybody at any time for no apparent reason at all. But you do need to talk to the doc. They are the best first step in getting help and support to fight this. There are meds, counselling, therapy and support groups all available to you. So please talk to your doc. And keep posting here. It is a support group where you can put a voice to what is eating you up. A place to have others that really understand and can offer whatever advice and support they have. Get to that doc and then drop a post and let us know how it went. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.