Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SweetSarah68, Jun 13, 2016.

1. SweetSarah68

SweetSarah68 Active Member

I have been completely unhinged and out of reality since Friday.... Too much to go into but the agony is unbearable. The sweet thought of ending it all is so appealing at this time but I'm trying to hold on. I received some support today and last Saturday night after I admitted to my Aunt of my two failed suicide attempts. She was in shock, she asked me if I was off my meds, I told her no. Meds do not stop the thoughts or actions. They supposedly just keep me somewhat stable. I really need to pull it together! My mind is just been all over the place and it's hard to concentrate at work. I just took some more benzos and am going to see if I can relax and watch some television. I hope I can get some decent rest tonight and have a better day tomorrow.
  2. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

SweetSarah, so sorry to hear that things are going badly for you. Three cheers for you Aunt and the support she is providing. Did something specific happen to unhinge you? Is it something you have run into before? Is it something you could somehow avoid? Be careful with the benzos. They are calming but too many of them can make it very difficult to function. Please do hold on and check with your doctor if things do not improve.
    Brian777 likes this.
  3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hi Sweetsarah, sorry you're going through a bad time. It's sad you can't take some time off from work to get some rest and relaxation. Unfortunately, employers are more likely to understand a cold than they do a mental problem, so we keep on pushing to keep our jobs. Hopefully someday this will change. Until then people like your aunt and the people here will support you as best we can. Sometimes just sharing our feelings gives us a lift. Take care and be gentle with yourself.
  4. SweetSarah68

Thank you for your support. Today is a new day will keep trying.
  5. SweetSarah68

Thank you. I actually have a trip (time off) coming up in July and I have been looking forward to it for so long but now as it is getting closer I don't feel much like going anymore. I guess I'm just in a funk that I need to break out of. I appreciate your support!
    Brian777 likes this.
  6. encourager101

encourager101 Member

Thanks for being willing to share your struggles. I'm excited for you that you have a trip coming up! That could be a fun change of scenery for you! Have you tried talking to someone about how you feel, and that the meds aren't working? I know Focus on the Family offers a FREE phone call to a licensed counselor, maybe that could help? If you call 1-855-771-4357 you can talk to someone! Just make sure you call between 6a-8p Mountain Standard Time. And if no one answers, you can leave a message so someone can call you back. Hang in there! You can do this! Just focus on taking one day at a time.
  7. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi Sarah, please be very careful with the benzo's, they are miracle medicatons but are highly addictive and they can cause memory less etc.. talk to your health care provider about this. Just please don't let benos rule your life. you be in control )