United Kingdom General Elections

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Xaos, Feb 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

So its a few months now until the general elections in the UK, you guys know who you're voting for?

2. yorkie bar

yorkie bar Well-Known Member

The Green Party lol

No seriously, i think i will.I did some work for them, and i was very impressed

3. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

im glad im not old enough to vote in the UK yet, too many decisions lol

4. yorkie bar

They're all the same really, politicians, when it boils down to it. But i do agree with the ethics of the Green Party,but i usually don't get round to voting.

5. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

I voted green last time around for something or the other, dunno if it was for the local government or national though, it was my first vote and I didn't really know anything, just that the greens were meant to be the party for environmental issues, so I voted for them.

I'm going to read the manifestos of each party this time around, but I already know there's no way in hell I'm voting for labour or liberal democrats, so I won't bother with that.

6. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

If voting actually changed anything, they would male it illegal.

7. yorkie bar

Yes they are. I think they used to be the 'standing joke' party, but now environmental issues have become far more serious, they are taken more seriously.I did some research at their conference, last year, and i met some fantastic, genuine, commited, people.

8. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

I don't really have much faith in it either, I'm already convinced the tories will win, but hey, whats half an hour of your time to tick a box... if it even takes that long. Thats including getting there, etc.

9. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

You know the Greens want to abolish the monarchy? I've just been having a read through, I don't think I'll be voting for them either, despite there stance on the monarchy.

They claim to have a plan to create a million jobs by creating an industry for reusable energy, but there stance on immigration is too lenient, whats the point in creating a million jobs when you let another milllion in? And how can they claim to be pro-environment, when more immigration means more people, hence more buildings everywhere (building on green built near me, and elsewhere around the country) and more pollution. They won't be getting my vote.

10. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

I don't really know anything about economics, but that don't add up.

11. yorkie bar

I have'nt read their manifesto yet, but if what you say is true, i won't be voting for them either. Immigration is my 'pet beef' ( sorry to all you immigrants out there), but its way beyond a joke now, in this country. Btw i'm not against living in a multicultural soceity

I shall just abstain from voting.

12. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

I dont vote for anyone. They all lie, this country is doomed anyway! The only good thing they could do is to bring ALL british troops home, but they never will!

13. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Many do lie, yes, but there are options other than the main 3 (the LibLabCon) who have never been given a chance.

14. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

You arent going to chnge my mind. in the 3 yrs i have been elegable to vote, i havent and wont.

15. Xaos

Xaos Well-Known Member

Any particular reason?

16. ~Tosh~

~Tosh~ Forum Buddy

Cos 99% are over-paid snobs who want to run this country into the ground!!

17. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

I read the Economist, a reputable British paper, and it strongly believe the Torries will win. It also seems to view the Liberal Democrats more favorably too.

18. yorkie bar

Of course the tories will win. Thats a forgone conclusion. Leadership just swings between the two, over the decades.

19. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

That's true.

20. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Always know exactly who I'm voting for and here's a clue IT AINT TORY!! :dry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.