Uno!

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by WildCherry, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I found my old Uno cards earlier today, and when one of my friends and I played a few games, it took me straight back to being a teen and playing either board or card games. Even still, my absolute favorite board game is Othello, or more commonly called Reversi online. I learned it when I was 13 or 14, and the more I played, the more I got the hang of the game strategy.

Any favorite board games, or card games?

2. Insomniac2012

Insomniac2012 Member

I really like Risk but it takes forever and I never have anyone willing to play that long haha. I like othello too!

3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I have fond memories of Connect Four, back from before I was ten.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Trivial Pursuit, Cranium, dominoes, solitaire, Scrabble, to name a few

5. jms

jms Banned Member

I love Monopoly, mostly because there are now so many different versions available. We have Wizard of Oz theme, and Dr. Who! My girlfriend really enjoys playing Monopoly too so that helps. :p I also have very fond memories of playing it in middle school with my best friend.

I also enjoy Cranium, Scattergories, card games (war, ers, speed, etc) and so many other games.

6. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Scrabble, Trivial Pursuit, Monopoly.

As youngster (long time ago), I also played Mousetrap, The Barbie Game, Clue, and Candyland.

7. WildCherry

Oooh, I've got fond memories of Monopoly. My Monopoly set was Braille, and so the board was MASSIVE!! When my friends and I would get together, the games would last so long that they'd have to head home at night, so we'd shove the game, intact, under the bed to preserve it for the next time they were over.

One game that my family still plays, and has a lot of fun with, is Catch Phrase.

8. jimk

jimk Staff Alumni

Monopoly was the first, ages and ages ago.. Loved it..

When got into about junior high first dabbled at Chess.. Played more and was on chess teams in high school a pand college.. Thought I was pretty good but soon found there was someone better..

Got a chess game simulator on iPad which I still play sometimes now..

Also played quite a bit of Bridge and Poker in my life..

9. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

uno, wow it's been so long since played it, i can't even remember the rules
    monopoly is also fun, we got hobbit one couple of weeks back, on reserve and limited.
    trivial is challenging, chess is too ;/
    scrabble is fun, mostly the table one, not on consoles.

i also like dominoes and similar and that stack of 'sticks' where you take one out and hope it doesn't fall, wow this sentence

10. Mr Stewart

Mr Stewart Well-Known Member

Clue is my favorite. There was also one my family had called Dealer's Choice, where you bought and sold cars. That one was fun,.

11. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

I used to play Uno at school with some (so called) friends. There's lots of funny stories involving our matches. Idk if this one counts, but I played a lot with Yu-Gi-Oh decks when I was younger. I'd still play if I still had my decks and someone to play with, haha.
    About board games, I played a lot of Monopoly and Risk with my cousins, but it wasn't very fair, because... well, I was very naive (even more than now) and they took a lot of advantage when we played.

12. Deleted SKU

Deleted SKU Well-Known Member

I've done the whole Uno thing, and pretty much every other card game under the sun to be honest. For 'serious' stuff, Magic: The Gathering was my big one in the past. Still got a huge collection of them which I barely ever use now. More recently, with the lack of real life social interaction, have been playing Hearthstone online, as well as Cards Against Humanity (which is a perfect game for those with a dirty sense of humour). Love board games too, played a fair amount of Scrabble over the years, Monopoly etc. I like the idea of more 'complex' games, but again, no-one to play them with.

13. troubledprincess

troubledprincess Well-Known Member

Omg I love uno and pick up sticks

14. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Just remembered this one: Barrel of Monkeys.

You spilled the monkeys out of the barrel. Then using the monkeys, you picked up the others and made a chain. Picture.

15. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I used to play Scrabble with a girl at school in the 70's - she always brought in her own scrabble set because the tiles, like Wildscherries Monopoly set, had braile on them - & of course the cheating cow could always choose her tiles and leave the Q and Z for me to find in the bag lol still, she was blind so she could hardly play with a standard set - strangely enough after all these years (nearly 40) we rediscovered each other on FB - we have recently met in Southampton for lunch - she is divorced and her four children have all left home whereas I have a partner (I mention her on some of my posts here on SF) so even if we both wanted to we can hardly have a relationship - we can still be friends though so that's all that matters really

16. Concrete_Angel

Concrete_Angel Forum Buddy

I like articulate! It is such a good game!

17. WildCherry

Lol Twocky61, I've got a Braille Scrabble game! Unfortunately, I'm not the greatest Scrabble player, so it hasn't gotten much use. Hmm, I'll have to remember your tip about feeling the tiles so I choose the right ones from the bag! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.