Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by starlight2006, Jul 1, 2008.

1. starlight2006

starlight2006 Well-Known Member

I moved home from uni yesterday and have spent half the day sorting out my wardrobe so can start unpacking all my stuff. Came across my box of memories which has loads of stuff in from a past relationship and letters that were written at school during a very bad time. I have finally closed the door on it all and thrown it all out. I dont want any reminders of that time in my life because it was a very difficult time and there is alot of stuff that i regret. My relationship is one of them. I found alot of things that I had written and for most of those 2 and half years I was miserable pretty much everyday. I have gotten over it now but looking back i can see that it made me a person who i hated and i regret it deeply.

The letters were written by friends at school, and reading them again for the first time in 4 and half years I can at last see where they were coming from. Im going to a wedding next month and one of the girls is going to be therewho wrote one of the letters. I havent spoken to her in those 4 and a half years face to face, although we have made contact through facebook. Im really thinking of meeting up with her beforehand. Partly because i want it to be ok at the wedding and partly because its the one final thing to put the whole matter properly to rest. We have all grown up and moved on. And looking back on photos and things i do miss her. So i think im going to take another big step and arrange to do something.

Sorry for the strange ramblings which probably make no sense, I just wanted to write and have an easy audience if that makes sense.

I think that is one of the reasons that
  2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I wish you the best in taking steps to rid yourself of those bad times and moving forward to better days. Good luck hun. :hug: