Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by _Lily_, Oct 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Lily_

_Lily_ Forum Buddy

Am feeling very unsafe right now am having flashbacks of the abuse in the flashback am small around about 5 maybe 6 years old i see the faces of my abusers and they are doing things to me i cant go into detail but its bad
    am trying to deal with it the best i can but i feel unsafe
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi and so sorry this is happening...maybe speaking to a professional will help you sort some of this out and allow you to put this in the past...I have had many of these and I know what torture they can be...please continue to talk to us as expressing these experiences does help them to loose their power...big hugs, J
  3. loser

loser Well-Known Member

How can we banish the flashbacks? You are still suffering the pain you felt them even though it is in the past. But that child has managed to go on living since then. The abusers caused pain then but they should have no power over you now. It is hard to know how to control flashbacks because they intrude upon us. Fighting them seems to reinforce them but perhaps the solution is to detach from them as if they were film and let them go.
    Give yourself the love and comfort and reassurance that the child needed. Children can be resilient. There maybe things you would like to do, things that give you strength.
    What would make you feel safe and calm? Whatever it is I wish it for you.
  4. Dave_N

Dave_N Banned Member

You have to replace those awful memories of abuse with new positive memories. You have to move on with your life or else they win.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.