1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.


Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by texaskitty, Apr 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. texaskitty

    texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

    Thats the only word that I can think of that describes what I am going through.

    My pdoc died and it took me a while to get a new one, my fault really, I didn't want to admit my doc was gone. But the result is I don't see the new doc until May 1st.

    That leaves me the rest of the semester at college to get through and I don't know if I can do it. My thinking is off and I am suicidal. But there is nothing to do about it except push through and I don't know if I can.

    I don't want to lose this semester and if I am hospitalized I will.

    So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place so to speak. The one thing I was looking foward to I am not anymore, which is strange, but thats how depressed I am.

    I see my therapist Monday, but I don't know how much good that will do. I have a feeling I will be calling her sooner than that.

    Life is so hard, just living each day, some days are good most are bad these days and I am so discouraged. I was doing so well and then everything just goes south.

    I need help but theres no where to get it, I just have to continue like this. Its like being trapped.
  2. Petal

    Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

    Education is important but being suicidal tops the list, if you're suicidal get help now angie. You're a smart woman and I know that deep down you know your well being is more important. We cannot lose you. You are too precious. I hope you can find the strength on hang on hun x

    Tell your therapist on monday about your dilemma of schooling mixed with severe mental illness, she might be able to help. Just be honest and calmly explain the situation. good luck x
  3. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    Hi you go to the councilor at your school let know NOW what is happening so you can arrange to have a stay on your course if you have to ok. YOU can get over to hospital and just tell them what has happened that you no longer have a pdoc and that you are unstable and need your medication adjusted the crisis team there will help you NOT admit you if you say you just need to get stable do those things ok today hun talk to someone at the school today so you do not lose your year.
  4. texaskitty

    texaskitty SF Cat Lady Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

    Hospital doesn't work that way here TE. You have to be admitted to get help. And as far as I know if I miss two weeks of school I will fail. I have been to one class this morning and the next is in a little while, I will keep going. But I will go speak with the counselor at school to see if she has any ideas to help.

    Thanks for the responses Petal and TE
  5. jxdama

    jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

    are you feeling any better?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.