unsure if i need to seek professional for cuts *possible trigger*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Nemo, May 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nemo

    Nemo Well-Known Member

    hi (so sorry if this is triggering or goes against rules of the site for description of SH)
    I have just SH'd and I'm worried I might have gone too far and need to go to minor injuries to get it seen to.
    The biggest cut is the problem, it's about 7cm long and gaping about 1cm. Sorry if this is too much info but I read something before saying that measurements are important for some reason.
    It has stopped bleeding though and it's not reeeally deep, but because it's gaping I don't know if I need it closed to stop infection? There are more large ones but that's the biggest and the one I'm most worried about.
    Sorry again,
    and thanks for any help!
  2. total eclipse

    total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

    I would go in to see your doctor get the wounds cleansed and dressed ok so the scars will not be so prominent when they heal and so you can get the mental help you need to stop the pain you are feeling inside hugs
  3. Nemo

    Nemo Well-Known Member

    Thanks Total Eclipse, I can't go to my GP since it's Saturday and they aren't open. So should I go to A&E? I don't want to make a fuss but I'm worried about infection. Also worried they'll ask me lots of questions as well. I'm already receiving help for depression and anxiety - but only medication. I've been told I don't really qualify for CBT because my problems are in my past, not so much now, and there are no specialist counselling services in my area to deal with me so they gave me a helpline to call if I'm not doing great. But I hate phone conversations so I'm basically back at square one. I don't know what they'll do if I go to A&E and show them my arm. Sorry again, just so worried right now.
  4. NYJmpMaster

    NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

    You really should go to A&E if that is the only place available to you. In 2 days an infection could be well started as well as the tissue will be dead and will not heal together properly.
  5. Nemo

    Nemo Well-Known Member

    Thank you NYJumpMaster, for the advice :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.