Unsure if I'm overreacting

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Nelly979, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Nelly979

Nelly979 New Member

We had the beginnings of a relationship but due to my starting university it just wasn't supposed to happen. We've been really close for as long as we've known each other and we tell each other everything.
    I was talking to her on the phone while she was heading home after a night out and she started telling me about a guy she met recently.
    "He's got like, the good bits about you but then it's just so much better because he sorta looks like [ex that she often compared me against] and acts like him", I know I'm just overreacting, but it hurt so much to hear that but I can't tell her that because I'm supposed to be there for her. It kills me. I'm supposed to tell her everything but I don't want to burden her with knowing this.
  2. Nelly979

Nelly979 New Member

Ugh, life just likes to throw everything at you at once sometimes.
    I don't know where I'm going with all this but thank you for reading regardless
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Perhaps her saying this is on purpose to make you make a move for her to make you jealous perhaps either way it is cruel if she knows you like her
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Sometimes people are clueless even if the answer has been in front of them the entire time