Unsure Of What To Do.

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by UnregisteredUser, Apr 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OK basically, I don't know what to do.
    I've been feeling depressed for YEARS now and still trying to do something about it.
    I sometimes feel suicidal but that's when I'm alone at home without my friends being around and everything.
    I just seem to always try finding ways for me to take my mind off of the depression, being with my friends is one of the ways I do that, but when it comes to having to go back home, the depressing feeling comes back to me and I start to feel so lonely and everything just hits me in the face again, problems etc. and it makes me feel like killing myself.
    I've been through so much over the years but my friends are the reason I'm still here because to be honest, they really do know how to make me so happy.
    I've spoken to one of them and opened up to them about me feeling so depressed all the time, and he basically gave me so much good advice such as be more social and make new friends instead of using every free time I have by doing the same old things, and he also made me think of something I'm really into that can keep me occupied.
    I thought carefully about what I've always enjoyed, and basically, I have a strong passion for Drama (acting).
    I used to go drama school but had to give that up because my family were going through money issues and can no longer pay for my lessons. I was shattered but I understood they had no choice.
    Since then I haven't been acting, but seeing as things with money have improved in the house, I feel like going back to drama school, for me, drama was something that helped me express myself everytime I was given something to act out or improvise to the whole class. I'm also a very active person.
    But the thing is, I know this may sound so far-fetched but I've always had dreams of taking another step from the drama and somehow make small steps to make it to the big time.
    I'm pretty sure this kind of thing would also make me so happy, if I ever did become an actress, I plan to also use up my money to help put food on the table for my family, to be honest, we're of a low-class status and aren't wealthy. But I thought that if I managed to do this, I could help my family as well as help myself. I just don't know how I could do this.
    Anyone have any ideas on how? I already know attending drama classes is another step, but I don't really know where to go from there.

2. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Do you work?? Having your own income can help you fulfill your dreams..I took drama in high school but was more into the sets and lighting..I wasn't any good at acting and could never remember my lines..

3. Anime-Zodiac

Anime-Zodiac Well-Known Member

How about asking someone at one of your local drama schools about taking steps past drama and acting. Your intentions are genuine and your motivated, so all you really need is guidance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.