unsure

Status
Not open for further replies.
well so im not quite sure.
but my dad he wont hear me out and whenever we get into an argument he tells me to shut up.
he calls me things like "fraud" or "fucking liar"
and yeah... sometimes when he gets really mad he hits me.
like when i piss him off.
but thats just a discipline thing right? not abuse? because theres no blood or marks or anything and it doesnt hurt that much.
and one time i tried to push him back but he got madder.
so well... yeah. hes not an alcoholic or anything so this is not abuse right?
i mean hes just under a lot of stress. but hes a good guy. he just has a bit of a temper. so should i just stay out of his way and forget about it? because its not like he hits me everyday or anything. he has mood swings. only when hes really really mad. so not that often. and its not as bad as serious cases.

Sadly I happen to know a fair few guys like that. I guess when people get really angry they lose control of their temper and such, but I still dont think its reason to hit someone.

Actually... what you said in that post reminds me a bit what I say about my OWN dad. Not all of it... just some bits. Unfortunately I have to admit I dont follow my own advice, but still it might be a good idea to talk to someone in real life about it. You say its not that often... but still if you dont it could slowly get worse and worse until it becomes a LOT harder to do something about it. I'm guessing that your dad has other reasons for having a bit of a temper, but its still a good idea to talk to someone methinks.

Take care of yourself and stay safe.

TDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00