Unsure...

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Things, Oct 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Things

Things Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question. If now, I apologize.

Ever since I realized I was suicidal, I've been trying to decide whether or not I should tell my one online friend. I've told my mother already, but I don't think it quite sunk in (nothing seemed to be different as before I told her), but we are trying to get me a psychologist. But I digress.

I've been friends with this girl for about two years I think. I'm wondering if it would be right to admit to her that I'm suicidal. I don't think she can do anything to help me, and I'd feel selfish if I make her worry knowing this. Am I making any sense?

What do you guys think? Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

2. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Only you would know if she would be able to handle it. But at this point I don't think it's necessary to tell her. Why not wait until you've seen the psychologist? Maybe you'll have a better understanding of what's going on and that may help you make a decision as to whether you should tell her.

3. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

If she is not your girlfriend, I would not say anything. I have learned I don't have to tell everyone. This gives me a vacation from my problems when I interact with them.

Keep seeking treatment and spend some time here. This will help you a lot. :hug:

4. Things

Things Well-Known Member

Thank you both! Alright, I'll wait before telling her (if at all). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.