Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Adam.C, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam.C

Adam.C New Member

I don't want to bother anyone, but I feel as if I have no other place to go. I recently graduated from university, but during my time there I turned into an alcoholic. I can't go a day without drinking; otherwise, I begin shaking and sweating profusely. Well, my mother kicked me out of the house after she found vodka in my room. The day after I was taken to hospital for being drunk in public in a different town... Then today, in the early morning, I was arrested for driving impaired with an open container. I feel so helpless and can't stop crying. I feel as if my life has just ended and that I have ruined everything. I feel as if I'm trapped in a nightmare and cannot escape.
  2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Hi, Adam.C.

Welcome to SF. I'm sorry to hear the circumstances in which you've found yourself. I can imagine it feels like the world has collapsed at your feet.

I hope this doesn't sound too trite, but if this is the worst, then things can only get better. This is a chance to set new goals for a better way of living your life. That doesn't mean it's easy or that it will happen overnight. I'm sure it will take effort and planning, but it is "do-able."

Perhaps you could get some help via a rehab program or Alcoholics Anonymous. They can't resolve your predicament, but they can support you while you deal with the issues, and they can help you break the drinking habit.

I hope you'll keep posting here and let us know how you're doing and what's happening. Please make sure you take care of yourself in spite of the turmoil you are going through. Stay safe, OK?

3. Adam.C

Adam.C New Member

I'll be heading for my grandparents tomorrow morning in order to detox. My mother and father are unable to accommodate this. I think they will be able to calm my concerns since that they are both retired and can be with me "24/7." I'm afraid to return to any of them (mother or father) since my "DWI" and "ICU hospital stay." I still feel extremely depressed, but I think them helping me would be a path forward...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.