Untrust Worthy Liars

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by ozinuk, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

In an attempt to change the minds of dignitas my gp suggested on wednesday that I see another psychiatrist to get a report written up. As it turned out the psychiatrist contacted my wife and other family members to inform them of my intentions and I found this out today. So once again I've been bent over by the medical profession and slipped a crippler. As far as I'm concerned ALL psychiatrists, psychologists or any other dr in that field cannot be trusted 3 times YES 3 times I've been betrayed and as long as I am alive I will never see one of these witch doctors again. I can't believe it happened again is there no one left to trust in this world. They said it was for my own good how in gods name can they justify that statement. I should have taken notice of my instincts no steps forward 10 steps back. I hope they know what they've done.

2. xan

xan Chat Buddy

I wish I could disagree with the statement "Trust No One"....

But sometimes I think it's a good starting point at least until someone opens up enough to you that you know too many of their secrets for them to betray you...
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I don't understand they are breaching your confidentiality they can't do that not without your permission No doctor or psychologist is allowed to tell anybody anything about you including your wife so how the hell can they do this. I have always been fearful of this and i told my T if i every find out he has talked to anyone about me i would walk away no more. Maybe you should bring charges against him.
  4. Spuddy

Spuddy Member

Maybe you should report it? They can't do that, and they might do it to someone else too so it really should be stopped.
  5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I think you should report it. You've had your trust violated way too many times; it should never have happened once, let alone three times.
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Have you spoken to this person about his/her actions? That might be a good way to diminish the rage you are feeling...big hugs, J
  7. GA_lost

GA_lost Well-Known Member

Not certain about the laws in the UK, but here in the US confidentiality rules are not binding if you state you want to hurt yourself or someone else. If you did not say anything about hurting yourself or someone else, the psychiatrist is definitely wrong about telling someone else even in your family.
  8. Bambi

Bambi Well-Known Member

Ditto what GA_Lost. Age is a factor to in the USA to a certain extent but seeing as you have a wife I am assuming you are not a minor.

If you have stated a desire or inclination to harm yourself then they have a legal obligation to act.

I agree with the others have you tried talking to these doctors or at least finding out what the ground rules are after you were burned the first time?

Can you let us know what type of information was relayed to others? Was it a psychiatrist or a psychologist that betrayed you? They are very very different in the US. I understand your not wanting to give specifics but some idea would be helpful for us all.

Thanks and good luck ascertaining the rules and finding someone you can trust as you seek help.
  9. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. Report it. You should not be treated like this.

I wish I could help... PM if you want.
  10. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

what is dignitas?
  11. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Here's the answer I was given

"Doctors can disclose confidential information about a patient if he or she believes it to be in the patient’s or publics best interests. This situation is less straightforward and it is more difficult to justify a breach for these reasons. These decisions generally occur in situations involving a patient who is incapable of making their own decisions. If a doctor believes a patient to be incapable of making decisions, temporarily or permanently, the law allows doctors to do whatever necessary to promote the patient’s or publics welfare"

Well it just goes to show how PRIVATE and CONFIDENTIAL our talks have been, knowing this has now destroyed any trust (be it small) I have in the psychiatric side of the medical profession. Bambi there was both a psychiatrist and psychologist in that meeting.
    Ashes_away dignitas helps people (terminally ill) with assisted suicide.
    Little_me report them not likely I'd only be reporting to people who are from the shallow end of the same gene pool.
    Sadeyes Jesus may have spoken to Judas after he was betrayed but I'm not Jesus.

If these "Doctors" believe I am incapable of making a decision for myself ALL the more reason to cash in my chips.:sad:
  12. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

i'm sorry about that! Someone out there thinks you might have a reason to go on...please think about it..if they are right..you will be glad!If not...then you can keep at this..:sad:
  13. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Nobody cares what happens these people want to be seen as helping us (makes them feel better) but the truth is they are helping themselves. The simple fact is we are all expendable, society's rejects, damaged goods the thing that nobody collects from the lost and found we are the other people
  14. QuadLazer

QuadLazer Well-Known Member

Report it and sue the living shit out of them and anyone else involved. Then you'll have a buncha money. =D
  15. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

The stupid thing is that reporting them probably wouldn't work, mainly because they'd probably break out with some fine print that states the same answer that they gave you, the one you posted.

They sure have a screwed up way of defining confidential. Like it's confidential when they want it to be, but not when you NEED it to be.

I really wish there was something I could say that would help. I know it's not easy for you to trust anyone, but I'm always here if you need anything.
  16. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Okay now i am not going to say anything to my psychologist if he ever said anything to anyone i would just end it. Now i have to confront him on this god i hate this i do their rules always their rules the hell with what patient is led to believe. I feel sorry for you i would hope you could find someone trustworthy that you could open up with and be assured it would only stay in that office what is wrong with these people.
  17. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

Don't need money, won't get justice I just need peace.
  18. JTemplar

JTemplar Member

AU, if your under 16 I believe they can talk to parents/guardian, or if they believe you will hurt others or yourself, confidentiality goes out the window.
  19. ozinuk

ozinuk Well-Known Member

I've been running the events of the past over and over in my quite confused and tired mind and the more I think the more I sink deeper into this mire called depression. I have confided in 3 psychiatrists and numerous psychologists only to be betrayed by the very people whom I sought help. Over the past few days they have been calling my home phone and mobile leaving messages for me to call and let them know how things are and they eagerly wait my calls, well hell will freeze before that happens.

Trust once lost can never be earned again, three times I opened up to them well no more. I have no one to talk to, no one to turn to and no one to say I'll help or listen. No more I won't go through that anymore. There was only two people who I could truely one was a preacher the other was my best mate the preacher died from cancer and my best friend hung himself (I found him january 2008).

You lose trust and you lose all hope Im sorry I don't want to see tomorrow but you never know:sad:
  20. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

I always put up a front and tell them what they want to hear i agree you cant trust a therapist but you can trust a psychiatrist as long as you dont tell them the whole story tell them your symptoms but only to an extent. This way you can get new meds that may help.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.