Unwanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel unwanted by my family.

I know they love me because I am family to them, but I feel that they don't like me nor want me around. They make me feel like my presence is an inconvenience to them. I try to brush it off but the fact that I don't have any friends makes them my only social group & to not be wanted by them is taking a toll on me. Help. Idk what to do. I think I'm an okay person so I don't understand why I'm not wanted.

sinking_ship

woman overboard
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hi there. Welcome to SF. I'm glad you found us.

I'm sorry you're feeling unwanted. Family is hard sometimes. What do they do to make you feel that way?

I think I'm an okay person so I don't understand why I'm not wanted
Some families are abusive and have a hierarchy where one member gets pushed to the bottom. Usually it's one of the children. So they may have simply embraced a pattern of behavior and are clinging to the roles and relationships that they are accustomed to.

You might have an opportunity to eventually get some separation from them and build some new relationships. That doesn't have to happen right away though.

JDot

remember to drink plenty of water
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
Hi @corumplace I'm sorry you feel unwanted. You're always wanted here. You'll always have a place here to share your thoughts and feelings. We're here for you. And we're glad to have you here.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I feel unwanted by my family.

I know they love me because I am family to them, but I feel that they don't like me nor want me around. They make me feel like my presence is an inconvenience to them. I try to brush it off but the fact that I don't have any friends makes them my only social group & to not be wanted by them is taking a toll on me. Help. Idk what to do. I think I'm an okay person so I don't understand why I'm not wanted.
I feel exactly the same. I can relate. Sometimes they're great but the ''burden'' feeling won't shake. I think you should try and create friendships and relationships beyond your family. You'd be happier too. I am glad you joined and came to us, we're not a bad bunch, keep talking ok? *hug I hope your feelings improve and that being here on this forum helps you. Welcome.

i'm unwanted
emotionally & psychologically abused then called crazy
some ppl step on others to climb their own ladder
& do anything for money
they are evil
theres nothing you can do about it

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am not so much unwanted by my family we are just different folk so I have never fit in, we just have nothing in common so I put as I am luckier than many.

Alone2020

Your certainly not alone, I have relatives but no family. Like you I’m an inconvenience to them and not invited to functions. But I’m okay with that because being around people like that is unhealthy for me and suspect you to. Why do you struggle having friends ? You seem honest enough and just you reaching out here is a good place to start making friends. Wish I could be more help. Can say your in a good place here, no judgements and people here are in one degree in the same boat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00