Upcoming Holiday bringing me down

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Prof.Bruttenholm, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

Most people are just going to agree with what I say or wish me a happy valentines day anyhow or say that "I am here for you". Please don't.
    I don't want to hear the same thing that is posted for every single post.

I hate Valentines day, it's another corporate holiday that reminds me that I am alone and that I hate myself.
    It's just one more thing that makes me want to cut my personal deal and take my own life sooner.
  2. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if this is just agreeing with you or what, but I felt I should reply in some form, even if it gets rejected....

I have never cared about Valentine's Day, whether I was with someone or not. Why do we need a day to be romantic and stupid and be pressurised into spending a fortune on cards and chocolates, etc, etc?

Whatever happened to the original message of Saint Valentine's Day, which no-one even knows anyway? How do we know it wasn't a day for killing our bosses with chainsaws?

No-one I know looks forward to 14th Feb, so why do people even bother? Yet they must sell millions of cards and restaurants are fully booked, but why? It's a mystery to me.

I say we all ignore the day, make a bonfire of cards with a cupid for Guy Fawkes, and create a new Valentine's tradition. But please keep your deal, this stupid holiday just isn't worth it.

3. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

There's another thread in a different section along these lines, seems as though 90% are going thru the same thing, try not to let it get you down, seems as though the rest of us really aren't. You said it perfectly when you mentioned it being a corporate holiday, that's all it really is, another excuse for the rich company owners to pad their pockets more,:yuk: don't let the ads and hype give you those low thoughts, you seem to be a good person from all the posts I've read from you:smile:...and I won't wish you or anyone else a Happy Valentines Day, hope others don't go doing that on the 14th.:zipped:
  4. Prof.Bruttenholm

Prof.Bruttenholm Well-Known Member

I do enjoy one country's interpretation of the holiday, Japan.
    On Valentines day, girls give boys ( and other girls) chocolates, however, the next month, there is White day, where boys give girls who gave them chocolates, chocolates in return, home made chocolates are emphasized.
    It's a simple system that has far more meaning than our own.

As for me, don't worry, I hate myself far more than one holiday could do to me.
    I am considering the simplest and most effective ways to take my own life right now, I need to make 100% sure I don't survive.