update for you all

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Izziebabystar, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Izziebabystar

Izziebabystar Well-Known Member

hey all i know i tolded you id update once id met up with him but i havnt had a chance to go online
    we talked everything through i made him tell me every detail of what happened and it crushed me it really did
    i cryed a fair bit and so did he
    he told me he really was sorry
    and i dunno after knowing exactly what happened i felt so much better about it all
    before when i posted that the wedding was off i was angry and upset but after thinking about it long and hard and working through all my emotions and looking on google(oh the joys lol) ive sored my head out and realised that most people go through this at some point or another
    and in a way im glad it happened so soon into the relationship so it was so much easier to deal with then it would have been in the future
    so to let you all know the wedding is back on and we have set and acctual date lol
    so yeh
    just thought id let you all know :bubble:
  2. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

im glad you are happy again :hug: i beg to differ that what happened is normal in most relationships :unsure: and i know that i wouldnt continue in a relationship after that... but so long as you are happy that is the most important thing :)
  3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

as long as your happy that the main thing hun :hug:
  4. Izziebabystar

im not saying that its normal but it does happen to alot of people
  5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you are happy and hope he knows just how lucky he is take care
  6. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

Izzie - If he told you that cheating happens in a lot of relationships then please dont tell me you fell for that? It does not happen this often and when it does im sure most people dont stick around. Please dont generalise cheating to "most people go through this" because its not true and that fact alone shouldnt make you choose to get married.

It is your choice afterall, there is such thing as forgive and forget but dont forgive for the wrong reasons.
  7. Izziebabystar

no he didnt tell me that, i was reaserching forgiveness etc and i was reading an awful lot of articals and it turns out it happened to an awful lot of couples who keep it quiet and work through it,
    and i would never forgive for the wrong reasons
    i truly belive that he is generaly sorry
  8. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

:hug: glad you are happy. you are a braver woman than me. nowdays i couldnt forgive one other let alone 3.
  9. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

you so young, whats the rush to get married? Cant you both be faithful and have a long engagement. I recently broke up with my boyfriend of 7yrs. We started going out when i was 16 and at 17,18,19 i would have married him if he asked but im so happy he didnt because we have both changed as we have grown up.

I believe in forgiveness and you two can be happy but why put the pressure of marriage on the relationship so soon after it was so raw??
  10. *sparkle*

*sparkle* Staff Alumni

i agree with NoGood - put far better than me :bleh: and you've only been together like 3 months - whats the hurry. especially when he has shown he cant be trusted in that short a time.

anyway - its you life :) if you are happy with how things are then that is ok :hug:
  11. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Am I wrong in thinking he's done this 3 times in 3 months? I'm sorry I'm not totally aware of the situation.
    Anyway, I was just thinking. If he has, that's an average of once a month.. what's to stop him, other than "his word", from doing it again.. as people have said, this is your choice. I just think you're going to end up in a marriage where you're cheated on over and over, and he gets forgiven over and over. Maybe you should rethink this.
    If not, then I hope I'm wrong.