Update on the R*** case ***poss trigger***

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by notwanting2live, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

Just a question.. How many people have been told that the police will find every chance to locking the basterds that sexually abuse someone so they cant do it again? and how many of those basterds are behind bars? exactly.

:mad: my case is not valid - there is not enough sufficent evidence. i no that they told me this bout 2months ago but they said that there was still a high chance. i cant be arsed with this shit anymore. the guy is walking free. the excuse the police gave me - legal aid siad that there is not sufficent mount of evidence AND i am too vulnerable to let me go to court and becuase ive been in cells too many times they think court would trigger me even more :eek:hmy: fuck sake ok i dont really wanna go to court but i dont want this basterd to be able to walk around fucking UK and be free to do it to someone. the police have told me because my mental illness that if it was in court it would trigger me to much and that it would fuck me off even more as the advocates would bring shit up. also apparently they taken into consideraton about my dad dying. becuase they rekon my dad doesnt need his daughter going to court - although if i did somethign wrong whats the bet they wouldnt care then. like the other night they didnt care bout detainign me then did they. fuck sake. im going to the UK ina couple weeks and i dont want to be worring about this shit, that i might see him or something.just an update

2. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

Sounds like an excuse from them...

99% of people who have been abused/raped will be vunlerable and the courts give special measures for just this reasons.

Children who are seen as the most vunlerable give evidence in court, it just means you can talk behind a screen, your video statement can be shown instead of questions directed at you, it also means that rather then having to wait 3-5 days to hear of an outcome or update the police/cps/prosecutation team/victim support have to contact you within 24 hours.

The only people at the initial stage who can decide is the CPS they will first decide if there is enough evidence, and if there is, is it in the people's interest to go to court. The police will gather evidence, arrest the suspect, and prepare the paperwork, if they feel there is enough evidence or the case is strong enough it will be sent to CPS to deceide..

if it was a case of your mental illness effecting you going to court, they would assign someone to be your advocate...if that was the case then most people wouldn't end up going to court.

I'm also currentely going through this, the statements, witness statements have gone to the CPS, my GP records, psychiatrists notes, and counselling notes will also be sent to them. Their are more then aware that I have mental health "issues" and have been "classed" as vunlerable by the police..BUT I have been assured by the police that this won't have a negative effect on the case, in fact the opposite, it will show that after the abuse I suffered a mental breakdown, and still "suffer" to this day..the aftermath of abuse!!

I would speak to Victim Support and ask them for advice.

3. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I've never gone to the police about my attacks, your automatically lying till proven otherwise. the stats on convicted rapist ever here is disgusting.
    I've never stated it to any proffesional either for the thought of them forcing me to tell them who did it, or to report them. i do not want to go through taht, your then labeled as a rape victim, and its not that i'm ashamed of it, as it was not my fault, but i do not want that following me either. i feel dirty enough as it is, without having to relive it, also something i have never done.
    they will all burn in hel, and if i had my way i would slowly mutilate them till they died from blood loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.