Upset and distressed and angry

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Petal, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

As some people know I have very important medical tests coming up on wednesday. I was at the doctors today and she gave me what was on her computer printed out cos i asked for it. It was from the endrocrinologist to her, according to her and the psychs I am suffering from the following;

Low cortisol.
    Major depressive episode (that one I know is gone so was written as a mistake)
    Personality disorder
    Peripheral nerve dysfunction
    Chronic fatigue
    Post traumatic stress disorder

This was the second opinion, the private doctor, they are still doing tests to confirm the chrons which I will be getting done again soon. Getting a general anesthetic for a colonoscopy and endoscopy.

I am very upset, hearing all this at once is distressing and upsetting. I'd like to just share here my mood might be a bit down the next few days.

I am getting another!!! synachen test on wednesday at 9.30 am

Please wish me luck. And thank you all for being there for me through everything, ye're the best.

Why im so pissed off is they keep changing my diagnosis's. And feel it's very unsettling and nerve wrecking.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
  2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

i'm sorry to hear you are going through that. I know when I went to my pych dr they told me that a couple of thing that I didn't think I did have some how they switch up me and another person. and I understand that it can be stressful. I wish you luck :hug:
  3. MisterBGone

Stay strong and keep focused. You'll do well. How frustrating it all must be. Try to maintain a good attitude. Best wishes.
  4. Ladygrace

Ladygrace Active Member

Sorry to hear Petal, we are here for you and feel free to message me if you need help with anything at all :).
    Having alot of diagnosis can be really alarming as they can not narrow it down to a a few certain issues which is worrisome. You are getting second opinion which is great and will hopefully find out what is currently happening and what the best options are to help treat you.
    For the synachen test, do you know what type they will do again? as i read up there are i think 3 different types they can do.
  5. Petal

Thank you all.

Ladygrace- it's one that will take 3 hours, i have to fast then they test then they continue after I have eaten. Thanks for all the sweet replies :)
  6. Invisible Child

Invisible Child Antiquities Friend

I am sorry that they keep changing things on you, it is emotionally draining. I hope that things turn out for the best for you and I will be here to hold your hand while you walk down this road. You are not along. :hug:
  7. mismad

mismad Active Member

Keep safe Petal :hugs:
    My mother also get colonoscopy, I accompanied her went to doctor.
    After get the diagnosis, hope that you still manage your will to get better :purplepetals:
  8. Petal

Test done, was talking to the edrocrinologist about cortisol levels, I told her my doctor told me in reality i cannot have addidons disease because I already tested negative, her reply was ''in reality your doctor shouldn't be a doctor'' yes you could have addisons, it's possible they made errors in the last tests, she said my cortisol is very, very low causing symptoms from pain to weakness to anxiety so we shall wait 10 days for test results. I'm just hoping for the best, thanks so much for the support :)
  9. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

crossing fingers that you get to the root of the problem and life is going to be so much better once right treatment is done for you :hug:
  10. Petal

Thank you so much, I appreciate your kind wishes :hugs:
  11. mismad

mismad Active Member

Get well soon :)
  12. Petal

I still have not got the results from the synachten test, it will be delayed now because it is a bank holiday week end here, I feel like I am close to having a panic attack, too many things are on my mind and mt laptop is playing up, going to college next month, going on holiday this week. I should be relaxed but I am stressed out of my mind :(