Upset tonight

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Welshgirl, Jun 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welshgirl

Welshgirl Member

Not sure what to say tonight. Jus tried to tell my oldest best friend bout the rape. Couldn't say it and she didn't get it or ask any questions. It's taken me so many years to get to this point. Don't know where to go from here.

Drinking on my second bottle of wine. Can only think that<mod edit - method> is preferable to this miserable existence.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014
  2. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Sorry you feel like this, the hardest thing I know is to keep trying to keep going but you can, keep reaching out here keep talking. You deserve to give yourself the chance to be happy to be who you want to be. I know it seems hard but keep chatting on here, sending a cwtch seems as you're welsh

Take care

3. Welshgirl

Welshgirl Member

Thank you Rich. I love a good cwtch! Just what I need. Thank you
  4. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

Sorry it did not go as well as you had hoped or give you the release you had hoped for to talk with your friend. If I could play devils advocate a moment consider it was such a difficult topic it took you years to decide to discuss it so perhaps giving your friend a day or two to process or think about a response and how they should respond would be okay. Not knowing what to say does not necessarily mean not caring. It is not a question of whether it effects somebody - it is then trying to balance a response that is supportive and not knowing f asking questions or discussing is the right thing maybe? I have no way of knowing of course but might be a bit quick to think it did not care.

I do hope that you feel you got some benefit from finally having discussed or mentioned in some way at least.

Take Care and Be Safe

5. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Please do not worry about it. Dealing with subject you mentioned is stressful and hard especially on your own. I do not know the background of your situation and respect what you are going through. You must remember you are NOT fault and you should not have to cope with it on your own.

Life throws you so many complicated situations but we all get through it in our own way. Please do try resort to drinking as it just increases the emotional anguish. Do not feel you are alone in your time of need as you just need to express your feelings and this forum will help you.

You did the first thing in that you posted your feelings here. I hope you have not woken up with a hangover and I hope these words help you today. Just keep posting and do not think you are alone in your struggle. Please take care.
  6. Welshgirl

Welshgirl Member

Thank you so much for your kind words Ben, it means so much to me to know that there are kind, supportive people like yourself in the world. What you wrote really made sense to me and made me look at it from another perspective. Thank you!
  7. Welshgirl

Welshgirl Member

Thank you, it helps, it really does. I agree that drinking only increases the emotional anguish but it seems that is all I know now. Part of me wants to get better, but givin up seems easier mostly.

I didn't really have a hangover as I think I am used to it now tbh. Tolerance has gone up an all that. For the first time ever I actually felt shaky this morning, not good I know.

Thank you for making me feel less alone, I sincerely mean it.
  8. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi WelshGirl,

Thank you for your kind words. I think you can do it with the care and support from this forum. You need to stop the alcohol drinking first. This might help in the short term with your anguish but will be detrimental to your long term health. You will do it, as you keep posting here. The trauma, you have suffered needs to be dealt with and I suggest that you ring a support line that deals with that specifically with specially trained support staff.

Like I say if you are in isolation, then that's not good for your current emotional needs. You need not suffer on you own but need the support from here. Please keep posting here if you need let your feelings and emotion. Please do not suffer in isolation. Life is precious, including yours. Take care.
  9. Welshgirl

Welshgirl Member

Thank you incrisis99, makes me feel less lonely that there are kind people like you in the world.

I really want to quit. But have gone so far that I don't know if there is anything left anymore.

Have had a really bad past, looking back. But the person I thought was my "knight in shining armour" has made my life a misery for the last 7 years that we have been together. I see it now. He was my angel to begin with, but that turned into yet another controlling/abusive situation. I am tired, so tired. Part of me wants to fight, but another wants to quit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.