urge too strong

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by redheadsweetie, Nov 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redheadsweetie

redheadsweetie Active Member

ive been doing well so far tonight to hold off the urge but its literally taking me over i really dont want to cut but i cant hold off much longer :( :(

2. Nessarose

Nessarose Well-Known Member

Try to distract yourself. Do you write, draw, paint, play an instrument? Any favorite books handy? You can stay here and talk with us, too. What triggered you?

3. redheadsweetie

ive tried all day. nothing works :(
    long story about what triggered me sadly its my family

4. Nessarose

I'm sorry. :( You've gone some time without cutting, though, which shows you don't need it. You've already taken a big step. Even if it's been hours, that shows self-restraint, and you came here for advice.

Do chat rooms distract you? I'd go into the chat here with you if you'd like. I haven't been in there much, but if people are as nice and helpful as they are on the forums, I'm sure the chat is much the same. :)

5. redheadsweetie

im in there now but i dont feel like i fit yet so i havent been able to say much

6. Nessarose

My brother wants me to visit him soon, so I can't stay in there long, but I'll come in for a little. We can be shy together. :)

7. redheadsweetie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.