Urged.(possible trigger idk)

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Come What(Ever) May, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Come What(Ever) May

Come What(Ever) May Well-Known Member

All of a sudden I have the urge to cut. I've cut before but nothing big (thank God). Theres a pack of razors out on the kitchen table. I was used 2 of them for an art thing I was doing. To see if they were sharp or not I ran one accross my arm, didn't notice anything but it had to do. Later I looked at my arm and noticed that they had indeed cut me. So far I've found myself walk up to the table twice but be able to come back into my room. I just need some advice on what to do to distract myself.

2. left behind

left behind Guest

i wear a rubber band around my wrist and ping it when i get the urge to cut. i works most of the time when its just an urge but when new reasons come along to hate myself like a bad social experiance or something it dosent always work.

there are a couple of other methods in a sticky thread.

im not completely sure if thats what you ment by destracts but i hope it helps

3. Come What(Ever) May

No rubber bands around. My mindset on cutting atm has gone like physical. Right now im like super twitchy and hyper. Looked at the sticky you mentioned. can't really do any of those :dry: . It's just bleh.

4. left behind

left behind Guest

one i got from this site is screaming outside extremely loudly. it works the best for me but it is quite hard to find a place isolated enough so people don't think you are about to go postal or something.

5. left behind

left behind Guest

hit your self in the head with a bat until you pass out that will stop you cutting

dont actually do this its a joke

6. Come What(Ever) May

Heh yea...just tried talking to someone (not about it) and it didn't go so well. Urge is even worse now :sad: . I know I shouldn't have messaged her. She's the person that made me SH in the first place about a month ago. I still have a few scabs from the burns. I don't know I might just go ahead and do it to stop the urge and get over it.

7. left behind

left behind Guest

try to get a rubber band in the near future i garentee it WILL cut down the urge

8. Come What(Ever) May

Very bad pun....

9. left behind

left behind Guest

lol not pun intended.
    im too tired to think in those terms

10. Come What(Ever) May

Well I went ahead and did it :dry: . But the urge, the hyperness, etc is gone. Couple small lines. Damn I could use a drink (alcoholic, not me, a drink).

11. worthless78

worthless78 Member

next time....masterbate. lol.
    work up a good one. and when your done you will be kinda tired.
    and want to just chill. lol i know it helps me for when i dont want to cut. lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.