Urgent, help please!

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Øyvind, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Øyvind

    Øyvind Senior Member

    I have a friend who was sexually abused by her stepfather. She tried to contact the police once, but they let him go due to lack of evidence.

    She moved out, but her mother sided with the stepfather, and lives with him with my friends little sisters. My friend saw those little sisters abused by the stepfather.
    What should she do? She's reluctant to go to the police cause it's her word against his and her mother's, and they didn't help last time. What resources are available?
    She lives in England BTW, and I got her approval to make this thread.
  2. Freya

    Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN SF Author

    Hi Vind,

    I have already passed this information on - but the police is still her best bet, and she can also contact the NSPCC (the leading children's charity in the UK) and speak to them. The fact is that if she has no evidence and her sisters will not say anything, nothing is going to happen I am afraid. She can also call the social services for the area (the number will be on the local council website) and report concerns for a child.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.